Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor customer service at Al Flaherty's and Snap Shot

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tobin View Post
    There is a customer service email address on the Ruger website. I sent them an email when I realized my GP100 was missing a part that should have been included with the gun. They responded that they were sending the part to Snap Shots who forwarded it to me. They will not deal directly with you though, only through Snap Shots.

Found this on their site:

http s://www.ruger.com/service/international.html
    Thanks! Which email should I use? Can't hurt to fire off another email, I suppose.

CGN Regular
    I bought a part for my Ruger Vaquero from snapshots, they delivered but I have no experience sending them a gun.

I was pretty surprised to learn Ruger only has a 1 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by MTCollins View Post
    Thanks! Which email should I use? Can't hurt to fire off another email, I suppose.
    You could try Big Rock or Korth, see what they say.
    Working towards Ultra Frequent Flyer status at a glacial pace!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PWear 57's Avatar
    Probably has something to do with COVID.....but all kidding aside, it's good to get positive and negative feedback.
    Thanks
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled"
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left"
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    I wasn’t privileged to the whole discussion, so I won’t assume anything, but please don’t confuse “directing a customer to the warranty centre “ as “dismissive “

I work retail. We have an agreement with another business to address warranty issues.
    When I direct customers to call them, I’m not dismissing the complaint.
    I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing

Good luck getting the magazine replaced/repaired

CGN Regular
    Fair comment, but I figure when the item is defective from the store, the store should make it right. If I bought something from Walmart and it had a problem right out of the box, I'd simply take it back and get a new one or my money back. This isn't a problem that developed after weeks or months.

CGN Regular
    Yea I’ve had some less than stellar service from them but in the end they made it right. I had a faulty trigger, took it back within the return period, they said contact the company which is in the states. I said they can it’s their problem, so they ended up sending it out to the company which returned it with a clearly used refurbished model with damage. So I’m not sure who’s fault that would be but nevertheless I don’t think it’s their responsibility however any good merchant would and should want to make things right.

Quote Originally Posted by MTCollins View Post
    Fair comment, but I figure when the item is defective from the store, the store should make it right. If I bought something from Walmart and it had a problem right out of the box, I'd simply take it back and get a new one or my money back. This isn't a problem that developed after weeks or months.

I bought a Beretta 92 inox from them about 2 years ago. When it arrived it had some corrosion on the rail. I contacted Al’s and was basically told to go through warranty. If I had of bought in store, I just wouldn’t have taken that particular gun, but because it’s an online order, I have to do the work and pay for shipping which negates the few bucks saved online. Lesson learned, I haven’t bought a larger purchase online since and I haven’t bought from Al’s again either.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2PJyHq1C1momB-H8E9PsNhuHLQnTuoIK6pnQhpMqSTF6eHeXL0A&s

Quote Originally Posted by Gr33zi3 View Post
    Maybe you just have weak fingers
    Cold as ice...
    Dr. Catenstein Acres: "Nobody is welcome!"

I used ruger warranty through snapshots for my Stove piping PC9, it took almost 5 months to repair my rifle that I had owned for 3 months before it started acting up. There was zero communication about my repair, but eventually I got a working rifle back, that looked like it had a thousand rounds fired through it. No more stove piping though lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast