Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor customer service at Al Flaherty's and Snap Shot

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 600mojo View Post
    I bought a Beretta 92 inox from them about 2 years ago. When it arrived it had some corrosion on the rail. I contacted Al’s and was basically told to go through warranty. If I had of bought in store, I just wouldn’t have taken that particular gun, but because it’s an online order, I have to do the work and pay for shipping which negates the few bucks saved online. Lesson learned, I haven’t bought a larger purchase online since and I haven’t bought from Al’s again either.
    That's horrid. Seems I'm not the only one to have an issue with Al Flaherty's. Your issue was certainly worse than mine, too. They should have made that right without having to go through warranty. If you bought it like that in a store, you'd simply walk back in and return it for a good one or get your money back. It should be no different online.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Ive had plenty of mags over the years that were pinned to tight. I just fixed it myself by either filling down to follower feet of re-pinning depending on how the flower is made.

Warranty is non existent for guns in this country.
    This.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Snap Shots is awful.

Somehow they're Ruger's official warranty depot in Canada.
    But they have zero interest in fixing anyone's gun.

If they don't want the job then fine.
    But why don't they just let someone else have it instead?
    Got that right. Someone was like but they got the best 1911 guru working there. Heck they couldn't even put a straight sight on my Ruger. Ruger US had a 3rd gun for me, till I said screw this. First one the holes for the rail were drilled/tapped crooked, second one the front sight was crooked, and ended up the rear sight breaking. Not sure what the 3rd would been like.

Plus why only polish the bolt where you can see it? Never bought a Ruger since.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTCollins View Post
    Thanks! Which email should I use? Can't hurt to fire off another email, I suppose.
    See Dilligaf's post. Oh, and Al Flaherty is one of the best in Canada.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyb128 View Post
    I used ruger warranty through snapshots for my Stove piping PC9, it took almost 5 months to repair my rifle that I had owned for 3 months before it started acting up. There was zero communication about my repair, but eventually I got a working rifle back, that looked like it had a thousand rounds fired through it. No more stove piping though lol
    Jesus... we need better customer services !

I find it funny when it comes to firearms, they got the slowest warranty. Like you never see a car dealership take 5 months for a replacement, or repair. Or a computer shop, or TV repair, or appliance. But not sure how they can think its acceptable to take 5-6 months?
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have had nothing but amazing service from al Flahertys. But snap shot is something else. On their website it literally says to ship them your firearm with no rma number wiith a write up of your issue in the box, ya no thanks.

I like Ruger guns, but their warranty is questionable. I had a minor issue with my Ruger revolver (front sight broke off during firing) after 1 month of use. Took it back to the retailer I bought it from (the store honored the warranty and told me that they will order the front sight from Ruger). I waited for over 3 months and still no parts from Ruger. I called Ruger and was told that they r out of stock and not sure when it will be available? After 2 more months, Ruger still has NO sight available. I ended up ordering the part from Brownell $8 + $4 shipping, and the store installed the sight free of charge. It's hard to believe that Ruger doesn't stock or re-order gun sights? Maybe their intention is not to warranty anything at all? This may explain their Canadian warranty depot longer than normal repair times.
    Last edited by petermoo999; 07-05-2020 at 08:21 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTCollins View Post
    Fair comment, but I figure when the item is defective from the store, the store should make it right. If I bought something from Walmart and it had a problem right out of the box, I'd simply take it back and get a new one or my money back. This isn't a problem that developed after weeks or months.
    Yours is also a fair comment.
    Defective out of the box? I would hand you a replacement. So should they.
    Used and then defective (or worn out but still in the warranty period) ? That’s warranty center job.
    Sometimes it’s a tough call, sometimes depends on store policy vs manufacturers policy.

I’m surprised at AF not making good in that case?

I just had an issue last month with a firearm Santa bought Me at Christmas and was just getting around to sighting it in (because winter then CV19 closed my range) and there was a problem with the trigger and I emailed the store I bought from and asked “what do you propose as a remedy?” And they provided a very suitable remedy- sent me a new trigger....6 months after I bought it.

Which is what we all expect when we spend $100’s of dollars, isn’t it?

CGN Regular
    That's pretty cool! You should give them a shout-out.

I was surprised at Al Flaherty's as well. I just dropped almost $700 at their store and will be buying more ammo now with it being summer. If they sent me two new mags free of charge they wouldn't be out as much profit as they are by sending me elsewhere.

Note: I'm not asking for two new mags. Just making a point

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast