Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor customer service at Al Flaherty's and Snap Shot

CGN Regular

Poor customer service at Al Flaherty's and Snap Shot

I recently made a couple purchases online at Al Flaherty's. In total, both orders were almost $700. One of the items I bought, a $40 magazine, had an issue. It would only take 9 rounds. The thing still works, but it's annoying that it won't take the normal 10 rounds. I contacted Al Flaherty's and my complaint was promptly dismissed, telling me to contact Snap Shot (Ruger's warranty company). They were even worse, offering me free shipping but saying I'd later be charged for shipping and inspection if they could fix the thing. That would cost me more than the price of the mag. I get it, it's only a mag. It's not expensive and it still works, so I can take the loss. But I sure won't buy anything expensive from them from now on.

My thoughts are that a product should work normally straight out of the package. Am I wrong in feeling this way? Either way, this will be my last purchase from Al Flaherty's. And despite the amazing Ruger products on the market, this will be my last Ruger as well after my experience with Snap Shot.

Maybe you just have weak fingers

Not to sure what if you contacted ruger directly and let them know you are disappointed in their canadian warranty center and want it mad right . Might be worth the phone call and email. It seems lots of the canadian warenty centers for firearms seem to drop the ball when it come to customers service .

If you can take the mag apart, check the mag tube for an obstruction inside that may be causing this. I had the same thing with a Mec Gar mag and when I took it apart, I found a piece of material that was stuck on the inside by whatever coating they put on the mag body like it was glued on which stopped the follower from going all the way down. I was able to knock it off and it worked fine after that.

Pretty crappy that Flaherty or Snap Shots don't just give you a new one though.
    Working towards Ultra Frequent Flyer status at a glacial pace!

BANNED
    Ive had plenty of mags over the years that were pinned to tight. I just fixed it myself by either filling down to follower feet of re-pinning depending on how the flower is made.

Warranty is non existent for guns in this country.

CGN Regular
    I sent off an email to Ruger a couple weeks ago but didn't get a reply. It's possible I didn't send to the right email for this kind of issue, though.

My experience with them is the total opposite.

I have ordered no less than 10 times including firearms and Ammo got nothing but great service.

As the matter of fact on a couple occasions I received valid tracking info within an hour after ordered was placed online go figure!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Snap Shots is awful.

Somehow they're Ruger's official warranty depot in Canada.
    But they have zero interest in fixing anyone's gun.

If they don't want the job then fine.
    But why don't they just let someone else have it instead?

Quote Originally Posted by MTCollins View Post
    I sent off an email to Ruger a couple weeks ago but didn't get a reply. It's possible I didn't send to the right email for this kind of issue, though.
    There is a customer service email address on the Ruger website. I sent them an email when I realized my GP100 was missing a part that should have been included with the gun. They responded that they were sending the part to Snap Shots who forwarded it to me. They will not deal directly with you though, only through Snap Shots.

Found this on their site:

http s://www.ruger.com/service/international.html
    Working towards Ultra Frequent Flyer status at a glacial pace!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Snap Shots is awful.

Somehow they're Ruger's official warranty depot in Canada.
    But they have zero interest in fixing anyone's gun.

If they don't want the job then fine.
    But why don't they just let someone else have it instead?
    That was also my experience and thoughts when I had to go through them for a warranty issue.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast