Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buying from I RUN GUNS

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Only thing I have found is that their canadian shipping charges are on the high side.
    High was a couple of years ago, lol, now they're charging $45 to ship a pistol from Alberta to Ontario.

I still like doing business with IRG's but you need to calculate your all-in cost to truly know if you're getting a good deal. I also use a credit card that doesn't charge a foreign exchange fee (every little bit helps).

Buy with confidence. Only issue is now our $$ is lousy.

Canadian Post shipping breakdown costs:

Basic shipping charge- is based on WxHxL and weight

Canada Post Coverage- $2.25 per $100.00 of value for damage or lost packages which seems to happen more then it should.

PST and or HST- whatever your province charges ie. Ontario is 13%

Signature fee/proof of age- $3.00

Fuel surcharge- 3%

Oversize package fee $12.00 for packages over 39”

Every company has the same charges from Canada Post. You are either paying for it in the price of your purchase or it is separated out and disclosed to you.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by 4n2t0 View Post
    High was a couple of years ago, lol, now they're charging $45 to ship a pistol from Alberta to Ontario.

I still like doing business with IRG's but you need to calculate your all-in cost to truly know if you're getting a good deal. I also use a credit card that doesn't charge a foreign exchange fee (every little bit helps).
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 07-07-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Ive ordered 8 times from them over 5 years and ive had no problems, i expect to wait a while for my items but it always get here, helpful staff from my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Canadian Post shipping breakdown costs:

Basic shipping charge- is based on WxHxL and weight

Canada Post Coverage- $2.25 per $100.00 of value for damage or lost packages which seems to happen more then it should.

PST and or HST- whatever your province charges ie. Ontario is 13%

Signature fee/proof of age- $3.00

Fuel surcharge- 3%

Oversize package fee $12.00 for packages over 39”

Every company has the same charges from Canada Post. You are either paying for it in the price of your purchase or it is separated out and disclosed to you.

The IRUNGUNS Team
    The breakdown is useless, you're unwillingness to negotiate lower rates with CP on behalf of your customers is the real issue. You keep telling everyone it cost what it cost and we keep telling you that all of your competitors ship for less, period.

The breakdown is useless, you're unwillingness to negotiate lower rates with CP on behalf of your customers is the real issue. You keep telling everyone it cost what it cost and we keep telling you that all of your competitors ship for less, period.
    That's not how Canada Post works.

You can only negotiate better pricing with them if you ship a certain number of parcels. If you don't meet that quota they won't negotiate. It's basic business practice. More quantity/bulk = lower cost.

If IRUNGUNS isn't shipping the required quantity, all the moaning in the world will not reduce the rates.

Iv ordered from them plenty of times never had an issue but be careful when you as about them because some people/retailers like to bash them into the ground

CGN Regular
    ...you're unwillingness to negotiate lower rates with CP on behalf of your customers is the real issue...
    People with the "holier than thou", like what you're portraying here, is the real issue IMO. CP has zero obligation to negotiate shipping rates, business is business. It's not like IRG is marking up the shipping and they have a thread specifying the reason for the rates.

But back to the OP's question, IRG has been great for both of my purchases (both done in 2020) of accessories from the US site. Not a fast transaction, about 2 months from order to doorstep, but they've been done right and that is what i care about.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    IRG is a great company.

The only issue is people who can't read and/or follow instructions

End of story

I stick to ordering off the Canadian site. Other then high shipping costs I have zero issues with IRG. Even with the current exchange rate their prices are lower then most.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast