Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Durham Outdoors

I don’t know what I would call my experience. I was sold a heat shield for my mossberg 500, the description was vague but the price seemed fair enough for a new mossberg component.

I got a scratched and rusty take-off, so I gave him an email, and I need to be clear he did refund me the equivalent of my tax and shipping.

What I still don’t like, and still keeps me from going back was that he never blatantly just took responsibility and said “hey, sorry, ____ happened and heres what I’m prepared to do for you to keep us good”

Or along those lines. My phone call with him was very drawn out, he just ran on and on about warehousing and how it came off a certain 590 model and how it’s not really his responsibility. Once I got tired of hearing the entire novel I asked him to move on to the point and where we go from there, that’s when he asked me what I wanted him to do. I still don’t see this as good business or customer service. The point was I don’t know what I wanted in that moment, I wanted the accessory I paid full pop for, I wanted it as advertised. I got excuses and attitude.

I’m sure he has lots of happy customers and is probably a good dude, but I’m sure there’s a also a few guys like me who just don’t feel like they dealt with a shop.

I felt like I was dealing with a guy off kijiji.

Nothing but great experiences with Durham.
    I'M THE KIND'O'CRAZY YOU SHOULD BE AFRAID OF

BANNED
    Great deals and experience with them

CGN Regular lt.hicks@rogers.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StansfieldMcElroy View Post
    I was a customer of theirs once and there won't be a second time
    I firmly second this sentiment.

Positive experience only.

My first purchase was a firearm colour black. Purchased online. Got a call a few days later that black wasn’t, in fact, in stock. I took the FDE. No biggie.
    Second purchase: bought an item. Waited 2 weeks and still didn’t ship. Called and emailed. Was told they’re on a hunting trip and not sure when they can ship. Cancelled order.
    Third order: purchased a light off The website. 2 days later I get an email that it’s not actually in stock and a 6 week wait.
    Cancelled order.
    This has been my experience thus far.
    Communication has always been decent though.
    Last edited by Tommycanada; 07-08-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Mike is a great guy. Speaking from experience.
    His inventory is not all at the retail store. Communication is important.
    "an armed society, is a polite society"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Awesome to deal with, never had an issue of any kind so far
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    a favorite for me, and I’ve never been in the store. I won a handgun in one of their monthly contests, and they had the transfer underway within an hour of my contacting them. Transfer was completed within a day, gun was shipped and I had it in my hands in Calgary 8 days later. I ordered a Holster specicic to the gun from them and it was shipped to me almost as fast. Mike was very responsive every step of the way

They are awesome. I just took advantage of the great pricing on a range finder I have had my eye on. Ordered Friday. Got it today.