Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Durham Outdoors

I purchased a handgun that was broken out of the box, they did not respond to my emails.

I contacted the manufacturer myself who had the handgun repaired.

The least that they should have done is respond to my email.

I won't deal with them again for that reason.

Prices were good.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBelanger View Post
    I purchased a handgun that was broken out of the box, they did not respond to my emails.

I contacted the manufacturer myself who had the handgun repaired.

The least that they should have done is respond to my email.

I won't deal with them again for that reason.

Prices were good.
    I know its 21 first century, but you do not own the phone?
    If you have to hide behind emails and electronic conversations like the most millennials and the younger generations, no wanders they can't keep up with email.

Quote Originally Posted by BenchrestJohn View Post
    I know its 21 first century, but you do not own the phone?
    If you have to hide behind emails and electronic conversations like the most millennials and the younger generations, no wanders they can't keep up with email.
    Odd comment. People use emails for many reasons. It's an accurate record of the conversation between the correspondents, which can be important, and it's also a way for people to read all sorts of issues at the time most convenient for the business. In a busy store, what are the odds people are just hanging around waiting for the phone to ring. If stores don't want to receive emails, they should probably indicate that smewhere. I don't mind contacting people either by phone or email, they just need to let me know what they want. I can't read their minds.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    Odd comment. People use emails for many reasons. It's an accurate record of the conversation between the correspondents, which can be important, and it's also a way for people to read all sorts of issues at the time most convenient for the business. In a busy store, what are the odds people are just hanging around waiting for the phone to ring. If stores don't want to receive emails, they should probably indicate that smewhere. I don't mind contacting people either by phone or email, they just need to let me know what they want. I can't read their minds.
    Keep emailing then, but don't complain.

I bought a hard to find foregrip off of them and it came super quickly. Nothing but good things to say.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Initiated a restricted purchase last week.

I saw no electronic update so I called on Thursday to confirm status of of my order.
    I was told that there are problems with Business Services portal but that they would look into my order and contact me back.
    No one called or emailed me in 24 hours so I called the CFC.

The CFC Agent confirmed that there are problems with the Business Services portal.
    But she said that it doesn't explain in any way why my transfer wasn't on record with CFC.
    I asked how that could be.
    She stated that when the system is not functioning the vendor should call the transfer in.

I called back and talked with same individual.
    He explained that their volume is too large to do this.
    I asked why he didn't simply explain, rather than promising to follow through with a response to an inquiry he clearly isn't interested in conducting.

In truth I don't work in the Firearms retail industry.
    But private transfers are kicking Durham Outdoors' ass. A private transfer restricted handgun I bought from Vancouver Tuesday was in the mail yesterday.
    But there we are. It actually matters to the seller what his/her trade rating and reputation are because the transactions are vetted, sale by sale.

Not a knock against other vendors either.
    I have spent well over $40,000 online this year and the vast majority of interactions with those vendors has been excellent.
    By example -- Wolverine G&T literally saved Christmas. Just by keeping their promise to check on a purchase and get back to me.

It's always the little things.

Durham Outdoor: I'm sure you're great people in person. But your performance on this first transaction with me would not make you my first choice for repeat business
    Last edited by sprint; 01-29-2021 at 06:07 PM.
    Occasional Texan | Albertan in the heart | Living in Peace off the Red River

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Well, my shiny new black FNX45 Tactical arrived all right.

Sort of...

Here's what I ordered...
    Attachment 462347

And Here's what arrived.
    Attachment 462355

Don't bother contacting me with offers for exchange.
    I don't have weeks more time to spend on this.
    I'm just glad you managed to get an actual gun in the shipment, and not a rubber duck. Or little novelty dolls with the bobbing heads...
    Occasional Texan | Albertan in the heart | Living in Peace off the Red River

Quote Originally Posted by BenchrestJohn View Post
    Keep emailing then, but don't complain.
    Don't complain??? that's what forums are for!

It does not matter how you try to contact Durham Outdoors. Email, text, phone, they don't respond to anything. I vote with my dollars and shop elsewhere. I'm surprised they are still in business...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by raypoh View Post
    Anyone has any experience with Durham Outdoors? Do they know what they are doing? Website items listed as available but when you call, they say its been sold out for a time.

Pictures listed for sale doesn't correspond to the search online. The store still remain closed at this point despite the government go ahead for opening, the expectation from this business is that you order online despite no description and product photos doesn't seem to match. Any comments and experience?

Thanks
    I think that they aren’t as tech savvy as some other more recent competitors but I’ve always had a really good experience with them. Very knowledgable and going through the phone works for me, I ask for something and mike gets it at a decent price.

My first purchase with Durham Outdoor went well. I ordered a surplus firearm, called to find the condition, and asked, if possible, to pick a nice one for me.
    Mike was available to answer the phone when I called and spent some time answering my questions.
    Agree that website can be better in terms of search, wishlist, etc, but, again, I am satisfied with my purchase.
    Last edited by Val_C; 02-10-2021 at 12:30 AM.