Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sector Optics T20X Thermal Imager with Optical Zoom 3-5.5x

Quote Originally Posted by rberresheim View Post
    What is the detection range?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97OLu1_51fs

It detects baby deer, coyote, small dogs, etc., to 255-285 yards easily. See link embedded in this post.
    And humans at beyond 300 yards (as per previously posted video link).
    Last edited by Aegis Off Grid; 07-10-2020 at 05:57 AM. Reason: clarifier

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    If that change triples the battery life, it might be a good trade off. Particularly for surveillance, navigation, or hunting, where it needs to be on continuously.
    Obviously everyone has different set ups. I run a Gen 2+ monocular headset with the T20 and an IR laser both mounted on the rifle. I scan and move by NVGs, and flip the T20 on to check questionable spots or places I think I see movement, or just for intermittent scanning. Anything alive pops a dot, even at a few hundred yards. I've tracked ground squirrels at 75 yards with it. Using it intermittently like this, I can get hours of use out of it. But keeping it on non stop does start to deplete depending on the batteries you get. I bought a 10 pack of rechargable batteries for it so I dont put a hole in my pocket on battery price.

The other thing I like about the T20 is it can be used in day or night, smoke or rain, and it sees through all of it. I also have videos posted of the T20 catching the thermal signature of a person hiding in underbrush using a ghillie suit where no naked eye would detect them. I shot four 3" targets in a row at 25-ish yards by T20 alone without any zeroing shot or sight in (video posted of that as well). I simply attached it to the rail, put the iron sights on a target, and moved the reticle on the T20 to match point of aim. Good to go. The T20 is a good little unit.
    Last edited by Aegis Off Grid; 07-10-2020 at 06:14 AM. Reason: clarity

Obviously everyone has different set ups. I run a Gen 2+ monocular headset with the T20 and an IR laser both mounted on the rifle. I scan and move by NVGs, and flip the T20 on to check questionable spots or places I think I see movement, or just for intermittent scanning. Anything alive pops a dot, even at a few hundred yards. I've tracked ground squirrels at 75 yards with it. Using it intermittently like this, I can get hours of use out of it. But keeping it on non stop does start to deplete depending on the batteries you get. I bought a 10 pack of rechargable batteries for it so I dont put a hole in my pocket on battery price.
    Gen 2+ is a great monocular for sure, but I prefer something more reliable for night conditions like a model AGM WOLF-14 NW3 ( found here: https://www.agmglobalvision.com/nigh...ion-monoculars ). Of course, if we don't consider about prices, cause it's price seems a little bit high. But it also depends on each person.
    Last edited by juniorz36; 07-23-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Is there video of one in use? Im ready to buy one, but not to sure on the 9hrz refresh rate. It was my understanding that you wanted a higher refresh rate
    -SideBurnz-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S1de8urnz View Post
    Is there video of one in use? Im ready to buy one, but not to sure on the 9hrz refresh rate. It was my understanding that you wanted a higher refresh rate
    I have a T12N with a 9Hz refresh rate and a T20 with 30Hz from when those were being imported. I have mounted lenses on both so they can be used right up to my eye, much easier to use for an almost-59-years-old guy. The 9Hz model consistently gives me a slight lag, visible when I'm rapidly panning across a scene with my other eye open and comparing the delay. The 30Hz model doesn't really do that unless I move really fast, which would be pointless because seeing anything clearly while swinging wildly around isn't likely. The penalty with the higher refresh rate seems to be that at least a couple of times per short session there is a freeze, maybe the processor getting overwhelmed by processing data, who knows? But the result is that the screen holds on an image for between 1/4 and 1/2 second, then jumps to real-time viewing again. I can count on it freezing at least once within the first 5 seconds of use. I don't know anything about this 9Hz version being promoted, which may or may not be susceptible to the occasional lag problem.

They are restocked and available to order at your favourite dealer!!!!!!

We're restocked with more of these.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast