Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why everyone's shelves will be empty for the foreseeable future.

Keep buying! Cuz we all know when September hits, the gov't will announce the "Second Wave" shutdown (whether or not actual Covid fatalities increase).

And it's doubtful that Trudy plans to let go of the power grab, next time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    I need a few more lbs of gun powder other than that I should be good.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    There is no creating a shortage, we are past that. The shelves are empty, we are selling turkey guns for home defense. Rather then have everyone speculating it's better to to try and keep everyone informed.

The IRUNGUNS Team
    Being shot with a turkey gun would be bad news, especially loaded with 3-1/2” mags.
    Truth, Freedom and Justice for All.

CGN Regular
    I have zero need for ammunition for self defense.
    This post does make me want to go out and purchase my Barnes TTSX rounds for moose hunting in October though.
    Maybe even dehydrated food to add to my hunting provisions.

The manager at the local sail was telling me they aren't expecting any more flats of bulk target shotshells for the foreseeable future and that firearms will only be trickling in. Basically what's on the shelves now is pretty much it. He claims the US bought back their allocation. Not sure if it's legit, just passing on what the manager told me.

They used to sell challenger shells but switched to winchester target. They haven't had the 20 Ga since March, and were down to 4 flats of 12 ga. Guess the days of 63$ a flat are over. I haven't seen challenger (made in Canada IIRC) there in a long while, not sure if they are selling to the US market or what.

Trying to save some money for the house so I see this as good news.
    Nothing to buy, money saved.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    We can all debate "Why" there are shortages but i think anyone that is debating if they even exist has their head in the sand

IRG has access to data we don't and i have no reason not to trust them. They many benefit a bit from a bump in sales bit if the shelves are bare and they have no merch to move, there is no benefit...

Other retailers I've been to have lower than avg supplies so im seeing this 1st hand

I have about 1-2 yrs ammo supply for calibers i currently own but i could always stack a bit deeper
    and im looking at adding a 9mm to collection so i better add some of that!!!

Ok so if any of this is wrong its because the last economics class I took was in 1977 (be kind!), but if I were a doomsday predictor I would be saying it may be the start of the econolipse:

money supply (M1) explodes (govt printing to cover deficit), Way more $ out there than needed to run a healthy economy. Cash creation has no relation to underlying economic value created (growth).
    Goods available to purchase drastically decline (who cares if its because of hording, supply chain or manufacturing issues).
    More money chasing less goods equals inflation. Some inflation is generally accepted as a good thing, until there's a tipping point

Systemic unemployment (lack of jobs because of lack of demand for goods / services) plus manipulated unemployment (lockdowns) -= people who further cannot afford goods.
    Dollar based (bonds, bank deposits) savings eroded because of inflation = people further cannot afford goods.
    Demand for goods contracts along with resultant contraction of economic ability.

Global political jostling among super powers and others heightened because of resource access / supply chain disruptions -

Social problems exist pre batflu, including urbanization and overpopulation, racial tension, religious affiliations, differing environmental views and 1000 other flashpoints
    Social problems exacerbated by batflu - domestic violence, unemployment, isolation, grief and mental health issues
    BatfluWave2 (Spanish flue had 3 waves - just saying)

One may not be terribly paranoid to think having some extra ammo and Kraft dinner is prudent.

Just musing
    Funding the "Bank of Dad" for over 30 years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_meltdown View Post
    They used to sell challenger shells but switched to winchester target.
    Yup, had to switch to Winchester.

Federal Top Gun and Challenger were out at my favourite stores.

Also 357 seems a bit low in supply.

Buy now, stored properly it will outlast your own lifetime.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bogozzo View Post
    Some inflation is generally accepted as a good thing, until there's a tipping point
    What propogandist did you receive this information from? Inflation is central bank theft. They think its good to steal 2% of your wealth every year of your life.
    7-21 "That's great! It starts with an earthquake, Birds and snakes, an aeroplane"