Thread: Region 2 Hunting in BC

Region 2 Hunting in BC

Hi, I am new to hunting in BC and I am in the Brookswood area, I would like to know where in Region two close to Brookswood that's allowed hunting.

I would like to test out a few new guns I have as well. So is it ok to test out a few guns in the hunting area.

Thanks in advance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltcarrier View Post
    Hi, I am new to hunting in BC and I am in the Brookswood area, I would like to know where in Region two close to Brookswood that's allowed hunting.

I would like to test out a few new guns I have as well. So is it ok to test out a few guns in the hunting area.

Thanks in advance.
    this should have been covered in your hunting license course? (CORE)

but you will need a fraser valley special area hunting license for starters.
    There are maps associated with said license area.
    My guess is you will need to go outside of that area to "test out a few guns" which would be any suitable crown land surrounding the lower mainland.
    It's been over a decade since I left that area and region so not sure where everyone goes these days. I am assuming the ranges are closed down there due to the Wuhan virus?
    Most game is closed till fall except maybe coyotes ? not sure what the seasons are for those down there
    your best bet is to go see the counter staff at international shooting supplies in surrey there by guildford.... they can answer all your questions

Find the Fraser valley hunting map online and you will see the legal areas you can discharge firearms/hunting in the lower mainland. Fyi there's almost nowhere.

Your best bet to test your guns is to join a range or drive out to some crown land away from the city.
    The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.

White Rock here, closest allowable discharge I can think of is East Harrison or 400m off certain Fraser Valley FSR's as far as testing goes.