Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shortages of ammunition and firearms....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    I wish we knew that. Imagine if Biden wins in Nov, it will get way worse...
    You guys run a good shop, if you say you have difficulty in securing supplies, I'll take that at face value.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckon308 View Post
    If you look at stock in the States (where most of our products come from) and listen to anyone who knows what they're talking about in the business you'll know that you should probably heed their advice.

Or have fun paying someone $0.50 per round for 22lr or $60/lb of powder next year.
    $60/lb of powder is already the case now....if you can find what you want.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Good to know thanks for the info
    Don't miss... I won't...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mimile View Post
    $60/lb of powder is already the case now....if you can find what you want.
    My bad. I'm set up for a long time with powder. I haven't bought any this year other than one pound of CFE223 for $40. But it kind of makes my point for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So,,, our firearms community and gun shops/importers in particular, have this year been hit with covid,,, Trudeau's unconstitutional o I c,,, and now lack of product to put on the shelves along with product they have that is not allowed to be sold anymore! Tough spot to be in, what should or can they do? They are fighting for their livelihood. As I said earlier, I would be searching every corner of the earth for good product!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    You guys take the cake for fear driven sales tactics. Lol makes me laugh.

Hurry everyone, buy buy buy while you still can!!!
    They communicated that supplies are short, wait times are extended, and supplier prices may go up due to demand. All of these things are true. Take your garbage attitude elsewhere.
    Victori Spolia

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    You guys take the cake for fear driven sales tactics. Lol makes me laugh.

Hurry everyone, buy buy buy while you still can!!!
    Pretty much an identical response came up a few days ago in the similar post from Irunguns. Only that member only had something like 6 posts at the time of writing that nonsense. But the same answer applies; look around you, everything has changed, shortages in many products are already a thing and it's likely to get worse in the coming months. Field workers are in short supply for Canadian farms, for example. With problems related to COVID-19, we've been hearing for a couple of months from the meat industry that shortages are likely in the fall. This is not a drill. We are in the beginning phase of a global emergency. And guys like this will pop up, again and again, 'announcing' that anyone who believes it is a fool... and we'll just have to put up with them, because you can't slap some sense into a person over the internet. Unfortunately.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    I guess the wait for Henry model x just got longer
    What?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardSamija View Post
    Pretty much an identical response came up a few days ago in the similar post from Irunguns. Only that member only had something like 6 posts at the time of writing that nonsense. But the same answer applies; look around you, everything has changed, shortages in many products are already a thing and it's likely to get worse in the coming months. Field workers are in short supply for Canadian farms, for example. With problems related to COVID-19, we've been hearing for a couple of months from the meat industry that shortages are likely in the fall. This is not a drill. We are in the beginning phase of a global emergency. And guys like this will pop up, again and again, 'announcing' that anyone who believes it is a fool... and we'll just have to put up with them, because you can't slap some sense into a person over the internet. Unfortunately.
    You hear that story last week where they had something like 150 migrant farmhands in Leamington test positive for Covid? Had to shut down the farms in the area for a bit. Shows how hard it's going to be to keep things running.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    You hear that story last week where they had something like 150 migrant farmhands in Leamington test positive for Covid? Had to shut down the farms in the area for a bit. Shows how hard it's going to be to keep things running.
    No kidding. I mean, we're extremely dependent upon this whole scheme where we import low-wage labourers from other countries, to subsidize food prices for consumers. There needs to be some serious examination of an overall model in which wages for average workers wouldn't be sufficient to buy basic goods if it weren't for cheap foreign labour. Same for all the BS government handouts to various agriculture sectors. But for right now, the government needs to get very serious about assuring our farms are fully supplied with workers, domestic or foreign. Then sort out a better plan once the pandemic fades out.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast