Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920

Thread: Tps arms M6 scout

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    also would like to know!
    I know in my own Springfield CZ combo gun in 22 Hornet, first shot out of cold barrel with it totally dry of cleaning solvents it's spot on out to 100 yards.

However if I attempt to shoot a group of five, three or even two quick shots the warm barrel prints lower each subsequent shot.
    Until the barrel is cold once again.
    This is really not a big concern because it is a survival rifle. One is expected to fire about a dozen or fifteen shotshells per every 22 Hornet round.

From what I gather from the I internet the Savage M24 combo gun in centerfire rifle also often exhibits this same hot barrel deviation.
    Canadian government runs on trans, gays and French speaking women. Let them fight the next war over there.
    Myself i will crack a beer and merely watch.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Do have the cylinder chokes for the tps scout in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Was your group shot in a fairly short period of time or a significant barrel cooling period between each shot?
    This group was shot as fast as I could reload the rifle.

I did not keep photos of all my ladders, most were not worthy of consideration, but happy to share load data if interested. I tested two different bullets and 2 different powders. I got the best accuracy with the 38sp loads so far. I did not have much luck with cast bullets in 357 yet. Groups were as wide as 8 inches at 30 yards. Not good.
    My plan is to pick up some jacketed bullets for my 357 loads, something that expands, worthy of taking down larger game. And I have a nice accurate 38sp load for the small game using my cast projectiles.

One thing I did notice however is that the rifle has a small chamber. Typical jacketed bullets will size at .357 inches. I would normally cast and size bullets to .358 inches. When inserting loaded rounds into the M6 that were sized to .358, I noticed that they need to be pushed into the chamber, and were difficult to remove if not fired. When sized to .357, the rounds drop in and out without any fuss. In order to get reliable chambering, I had to size all of my cast down to .357. I think that the poor accuracy with the magnum loads has to do with the cast bullets being slightly undersized for the bore. This is why I plan to use a jacketed bullet for the hot loads.

Cheers.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jdschwass View Post
    This group was shot as fast as I could reload the rifle.

I did not keep photos of all my ladders, most were not worthy of consideration, but happy to share load data if interested. I tested two different bullets and 2 different powders. I got the best accuracy with the 38sp loads so far. I did not have much luck with cast bullets in 357 yet. Groups were as wide as 8 inches at 30 yards. Not good.
    My plan is to pick up some jacketed bullets for my 357 loads, something that expands, worthy of taking down larger game. And I have a nice accurate 38sp load for the small game using my cast projectiles.

One thing I did notice however is that the rifle has a small chamber. Typical jacketed bullets will size at .357 inches. I would normally cast and size bullets to .358 inches. When inserting loaded rounds into the M6 that were sized to .358, I noticed that they need to be pushed into the chamber, and were difficult to remove if not fired. When sized to .357, the rounds drop in and out without any fuss. In order to get reliable chambering, I had to size all of my cast down to .357. I think that the poor accuracy with the magnum loads has to do with the cast bullets being slightly undersized for the bore. This is why I plan to use a jacketed bullet for the hot loads.

Cheers.
    Thanks for the info!!!

Have you tried any factory loads? I have 2 boxes of S&B .357Mag, 158gr JHP to try out, hoping they work/shoot okay!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Sorry, pretty much none of my guns have ever seen factory loads.
    I would just buy a few brands and see what it likes.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Scope mounts are now available. With more products ( chokes, ETC ) coming soon.
    https://www.irunguns.com/product/tps...scope-mount-m6
    Are these rails in your Canadian store? Also I just ordered the 357/410 rifle
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin