CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 196

Thread: Tps arms M6 scout

  1. #141
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West of most places....and in Alberta
    Posts
    18,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkin View Post
    so whats the consensus on shooting slugs out of the .410 with the supplied full choke? yay or nay?

    [edit] Ok, so just read the included manual , page 21, "slugs should not be shot using the full choke. we recommend modified, improved, cylinder or skeet choke tubes"

    Irunguns, could you bring in a few chokes?
    Years back I had a Bronco Garcia 22/410 with cylinder choke. It actually shot Remington and Winchester ,410 slugs very well at about 35 yards.

    However with any shotshells circa 1987, even with 3 inch magnum number 4&6 it was merely a twenty or at best 25 yard bunny gun.

    In a CZ-Springfield with full choke, slugs shot a pattern at 25 yards.
    Better results with Hornday 410 buckshot instead also at 25 yards.
    No man is hated more than he whom speaks the truth.-Plato

  2. #142
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    46
    Awesome, it showed up today. Now to figure what choke it takes and wait for my club to open. Does anyone know what choke fits these. Nothing to be found on there web site or I couldn’t find it. Cheers

  3. #143
    Member jdschwass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Centre of the Universe
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Awesome, it showed up today. Now to figure what choke it takes and wait for my club to open. Does anyone know what choke fits these. Nothing to be found on there web site or I couldn’t find it. Cheers
    Got mine today too! I put down half a doz 410 and 6 sets of ladders in 357. Special loads were terrible for accuracy, but the magnums were minute of squirrel. Need to find something accurate that wont ruin game.
    Sorry, can't help with the chokes. It comes with a full. I tested at 15, 25, and 35 yards, and had a good dense pattern using #6 Remington XLR 3" shells. Didn't have enough time to push it any further today.

  4. #144
    Youth Group Leader gallen270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    albert county, new brunswick
    Posts
    5,811
    Quote Originally Posted by jdschwass View Post
    Got mine today too! I put down half a doz 410 and 6 sets of ladders in 357. Special loads were terrible for accuracy, but the magnums were minute of squirrel. Need to find something accurate that wont ruin game.
    Sorry, can't help with the chokes. It comes with a full. I tested at 15, 25, and 35 yards, and had a good dense pattern using #6 Remington XLR 3" shells. Didn't have enough time to push it any further today.
    I’m envious you snagged ones, post some pics please of it in action.

  5. #145
    CGN Regular hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Cause it gives you an immediate second shot dealing with say a bear.In a review .410 Brennekes clover leafed at 50 yards.I know they are unavailable here.
    Not super "immediate"...you need to cock it again and select the other barrel too.
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

  6. #146
    Newbie Waffles1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    24
    Just got my two in 22lr over .410 . The quality is amazing, definitely going to get another in .357
    THE CAKE IS A LIE

  7. #147
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West of most places....and in Alberta
    Posts
    18,372
    Of all shotguns the 410 must have a full choke to be worthy of a clean edible harvest at up to 30 yards #4,6, 7.5 lead birdshot IMO.

    With IC you might get twenty yards if your place your tongue just right.
    No man is hated more than he whom speaks the truth.-Plato

  8. #148
    CGN frequent flyer North60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Fort McMurray
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Of all shotguns the 410 must have a full choke to be worthy of a clean edible harvest at up to 30 yards #4,6, 7.5 lead birdshot IMO.

    With IC you might get twenty yards if your place your tongue just right.
    Haha !
    " An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last"
    - Winston Churchill

  9. #149
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,738
    Just got mine and i'm very impressed!

    The quality is outstanding and feels extremely solid, nothing feels cheap or flimsy. The trigger is a bit odd, but this was never meant for target shooting.

  10. #150
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,772
    I picked up the 410 over /under version as I already have an original Springfield m 6 scout in 22/410. The 410 tps version should make for a fun bunny gun.Eventually I ll pick up one of the 357/410 versions and who knows they just might make a 44mag version if suitable for the action

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •