Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Holy Price Increase!!

Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    sometimes when you own a business, when you sell product, you intend on buying more. If it was less then MSRP was previously, it would be fine, probably passed onto you, the consumer.

But other times, when the dollar AND future stock seems impossible to get, you must charge closer to what it would cost to acquire another one. Some choose to adjust their pricing prior to running out, others can have the luxury of not doing this.

In a covid world of small business, i think you can be rational and have some understand,

Now, if you had chosen to call someone or perhaps go in store maybe they would honour their previous price? who knows, you got all mad and this is what you chose to do
    I would second this advice, I have saved greatly by calling vendors and asking for price match and for a price for a group of items. The retailers are bound by map/MSRP but are often very greatful that you gave them the chance to have your business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    You have a dip#### for a PM and retards that keep electing him.

What did you expect to happen with our dollar exchange?
    Occasional Texan | Albertan in the heart | Living in Peace off the Red River

I guess the real lesson here is, If you see a product that you want in stock and on sale at a good price. Buy it

Quote Originally Posted by reefer View Post
    I guess the real lesson here is, If you see a product that you want in stock and on sale at a good price. Buy it
    That...and if you miss it in one place, shop around. Just did a quick google search and found 3 places selling it for way less than $319. Probably won’t be that way for long...
    “When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence.” - Gary Lloyd

This? https: //www.amazon.ca/Frankford-Arsenal-Platinum-Hardened-Scrapers/dp/B07796G2B1

They did have a save 10% sale that ended this morning. Probably just too late.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    But it was already in stock.?? It didn't just arrive from their supplier this is why I'm like ????
    Everything went up, Insurance , Taxes , Heat , ect ect ect

I dont expect shops to just absorb the costs.

Thats how the cookie crumbles in this world, the consumer get to pay more.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    But it was already in stock.?? It didn't just arrive from their supplier this is why I'm like ????
    Maybe they ordered new stock and blended the cost of old and new so they dont lose their shirts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Our dollar dropped roughly 6% since last year but the price increase is a lot more than 6%
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew3081 View Post
    Our dollar dropped roughly 6% since last year but the price increase is a lot more than 6%
    1 factor of many.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast