CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Kriss Vector SBR GEN II 22LR Update?

Quote Originally Posted by ImMatt View Post
    Best you're going to get is pinned 33/10. The Kriss Vector SDP is their handgun 22LR FRT#196687. Both the pistol and NR rifle use the same mags and for that we won't see anything over 10 rounds
    I had a Limited Edition version with a couple 30 round mags on order. The salesman contacted me and said the 30 round mags are prohibited at the moment but North Sylvia is fighting to revert that. Fingers crossed they come out on top

Being new to this topic and after reading through the thread, to summarize:

Kriss and North sylva had it all planned out to bring in a short barrel 22 Vector under what would likely be a NR FRT; accomplished by being rimfire and having a fixed stock keeping it just over 26".

However, somehow the lab ended up with an adjustable stock version that came in around 25" OAL when collapsed, making it restricted.

So Kriss has revamped to a new version that has an 8" barrel and shroud, which is taking more time to produce after already a year long delay.

If I have this right any updates on the new NR version?

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey3 View Post
    Being new to this topic and after reading through the thread, to summarize:

Kriss and North sylva had it all planned out to bring in a short barrel 22 Vector under what would likely be a NR FRT; accomplished by being rimfire and having a fixed stock keeping it just over 26".

However, somehow the lab ended up with an adjustable stock version that came in around 25" OAL when collapsed, making it restricted.

So Kriss has revamped to a new version that has an 8" barrel and shroud, which is taking more time to produce after already a year long delay.

Wait your turn LOL. The pre-sale lives on.

It seems like (and can only speculate) the 6.5" Barrel was planned to be NR by pinning the Stock to a minimum Over All Length to meet requirements.
    I suspect the issue become something along the lines of: because the vector .22 takes ar pattern buffer tubes/stocks it could be very easy to swap out the tube /stock and quickly go from NR length to what would be R (under OAL) and i suppose more importantly swap back from the shorter R to NR.

In reality it would/should be the owner who is responsible to ensure their firearm continues to comply with NR/R requirements and have proper documentation as necessary.
    It appears like it was decided that it would be easier to extend the barrel to make it 8" instead of 6.5" indicating that the primary issue is 1.5" on the rear of the firearm.

All speculation though, hopefully we see/hear some official updates soon.

I Have the CRB. So if i can just get the barrel and shroud, i'm good. If they sell that separately.
    Also, I need them 30 round mags!

I'm excited about this as well! As a new PAL holder, this is definitely a must-have. I've pre-ordered 3, one in each color! Hopefully, we get some updates soon...haha. But I'm not holding my breath.

I noticed one of the CGN sponsor seller has already started to sell this model as restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by alafly View Post
    I noticed one of the CGN sponsor seller has already started to sell this model as restricted.
    That's the pistol version with 6 inch barrel that IRG is selling.
    Last edited by Trapanese; 06-07-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey3 View Post
    I checked the FRT today and it seems that a SBR 8" barrel version is listed as NR now but it is still listed with a 10 round limit.

CGN frequent flyer THE_SASQUATCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoopriest View Post
    I checked the FRT today and it seems that a SBR 8" barrel version is listed as NR now but it is still listed with a 10 round limit.
    2 steps forward. 1 step back