Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 93103105106107108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1174

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

I would just like to be able to buy a Long Ranger in 243 some time soon.

CGN frequent flyer
    Upgrade the U.S. Survival Rifle.

It appears the trigger and hammer were currently redesigned to reduce the trigger pull. A few other changes that would be nice.

- change the front sight to a fibre optic sight.
    - add graduation lines to the rear sight with a reference mark on the receiver to enable the sight to be installed at the original zero when changing the apertures.
    - replace the firing pin roll pin with a cotter pin similar to the cotter pin used to retain the firing pin in the AR-15 BCG. This would permit easier cleaning of the firing pin channel and I believe carbon in the firing pin channel was the cause of some of my malfunctions.
    - extend the plastic head on the stock take down screw or add a flat tip screwdriver slot so the take down screw can be more easily unscrewed in cold weather with gloves or undone using a screwdriver or knife blade.

A AR-5 bolt action in .22 magnum would also be great.

54r lever action that takes mosin stripper clips, side folding bayonet, maybe mares foot with brass under folding stock. and a mares leg in 7.62x25

Lever action in 7,62x25 please

When the OP came out over 16 months ago, it was pretty encouraging but with OP radio silence and Shelves empty of Henry rifles what's the point!

the concept of asking for new styles and chamberings was great, but now it would be nice just to see origonal catalogue items avalible, been looking for a long range and rifled 12 ga slugger for many months, the election and covid excuse is getting old, and while waiting, prices from 2020 are long gone only to hear of huge inflation increases for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmedcin View Post
    When the OP came out over 16 months ago, it was pretty encouraging but with OP radio silence and Shelves empty of Henry rifles what's the point!

the concept of asking for new styles and chamberings was great, but now it would be nice just to see origonal catalogue items avalible, been looking for a long range and rifled 12 ga slugger for many months, the election and covid excuse is getting old, and while waiting, prices from 2020 are long gone only to hear of huge inflation increases for 2022.
    I was lucky to find the 12gauge rifled late summer, kicks like a mule................LOL
    have several slug guns, by far the hardest hitting one I own..............

CGN Regular
    Every manufacturer is so backlogged on orders that if they don’t develop anything new for a few years they’ll still have all the sales they could ask for. The cost of a new development would need to be in response to either a demand, or else a need to develop greater demand for their products.

If the demand cools down in time, maybe at that time they’ll start new developments.

There’s also the possibility that I have no idea what I’m talking about, but I believe that if I had a market formula that was working fine at making me more sales than I could possibly meet then I wouldn’t bother with new projects until things slow down. I would bet that a lot of the new things coming out are projects that may have begun quite a while ago.

There are a handful of things I would love to see Henry come out with even if it isn’t right now. Maybe they will in 2024/2025.

Uber Super GunNutz

What Rifle Should Henry Make Next

I would love to see you chamber your Henry Golden Boy in 25-35. I currently own Golden Boys in 30-30 and 38-55 calibers, and both are amazingly accurate. You chamber your rifles in a number of classic calibers, and 25-35 certainly belongs in this group. I think there would be considerable interest in such a rifle. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Sincerely,
    David Begg (aka Gun-Prof)
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana"... Groucho Marx

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    Like others have said…just get some of their current offerings to the stores.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fergie.17 View Post
    I was lucky to find the 12gauge rifled late summer, kicks like a mule................LOL
    have several slug guns, by far the hardest hitting one I own..............

That looks really nice, Is the receiver actual steel or pot metal like some of their other rifles.