What gun should Henry make next?

I didn't read the whole thread, but a decently affordable single shot low or highwall in 30-30 would be cool. I just want to see someone make one. Or a Martini replica in 30-30. Love those old single shot rifles.

I agree......a 9mm side gate lever action, carbine(16.5"),add a large loop, octagonal bbl and Skinner sights!
Who do I pay....

I'd love to see a left handed lever action. I know, I know, it's not necessary... but it'd be nice to have something tailored to a lefty(left side loading, left side ejection).

I like this, for levers it is really just the upwards or angel ejection for lefties currently, so something truly left handed would be great, that might even trump my Burgess folding 12 gauge suggestion.

A side gate lever action rifle that doesn’t retain the tube feed. The current side gates that still retain the tube feed look silly and it’s what has stopped me from buying a Henry in the past. If you want to make a side gate loading gun, make one; don’t retro-fit an existing rifle.

Ideally something with nice looking straight grain walnut, deep blue, butt plate (not recoil pad) and no silly safeties. Basically a Marlin of days gone by. I’d be all over it.

All weather big boy 44mag with 14” barrel, in fact all the all weathers in a short barrel

Came here to say something similar to this. All weather with a short barrel, 26.1" overall length. 44 Mag would be nice, but I'd die for one in .454 Casull that could also fire .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt. You could do it - Taurus makes the Raging Judge Magnum that accepts all three cartridges, and a short barrel lever action carbine would be a perfect match for it. A 14" barrel should permit 4x or maybe 5x shells of .410, and 6x or maybe 7x .454 Casull rounds.

You could really cut into the Chiappa Alaskan market if you wanted to take a bite of that apple - they're like $1800 Canadian, while I've seen your all-weathers out there for $1200. The Alaskans are expensive for what you get, and a cheaper alternative that could fire a variety of ammo (.45 long colt, .454 Casull and .410 shotgun shells) that's still Non-Restricted could really be attractive.

Even better yet if you load the tube magazine from the side gate. Capacity would be limited given the length of the cartridges (particularly for .410 shotshells) but it would be fun as hell.

A long barrel version would be cool too - better capacity and sight radius, and you would be able to sell to the US market no prob.

Anyways, here's a crappy MSPaint edit I did... Think about it:

D7Ivi5q.jpg

Last edited:
Belt Fed .50 BMG levergun. :)

Just kidding.

Any chance of a 'mini' 1860 henry in .22lr? Would be a great collector piece, and fun for the kids too.

This is instantly what jumped to mind for me, the 1860 Henry is probably my favourite single motion lever action firearm just because of its really unique look without a handguard. But reproductions in the big calibers are pretty expensive and though I would love one someday a .22LR at a bit lighter price point and shooting such a cheap cartridge would be really fun. I love my current H001 and really liked the Mare's Leg I had in the past too, in terms of .22 lever actions you guys always come to mind first for me. The 9mm and 7.62x39mm lever action ideas floating around are pretty cool ideas I could make use of too though, I have to admit. No matter what you guys decide I'm pretty excited to see it though, you guys make great guns!

Came here to say something similar to this. All weather with a short barrel, 26.1" overall length. 44 Mag would be nice, but I'd die for one in .454 Casull that could also fire .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt. You could do it - Taurus makes the Raging Judge Magnum that accepts all three cartridges, and a short barrel lever action carbine would be a perfect match for it. A 14" barrel should permit 4x or maybe 5x shells of .410, and 6x or maybe 7x .454 Casull rounds.

You could really cut into the Chiappa Alaskan market if you wanted to take a bite of that apple - they're like $1800 Canadian, while I've seen your all-weathers out there for $1200. The Alaskans are expensive for what you get, and a cheaper alternative that could fire a variety of ammo (.45 long colt, .454 Casull and .410 shotgun shells) that's still Non-Restricted could really be attractive.

Even better yet if you load the tube magazine from the side gate. Capacity would be limited given the length of the cartridges (particularly for .410 shotshells) but it would be fun as hell.

A long barrel version would be cool too - better capacity and sight radius, and you would be able to sell to the US market no prob.

D7Ivi5q.jpg

That...would be sooooooo awesome

D7Ivi5q.jpg

Well done, I like it!.....:)

I'd like to see series of bolt action rifles, but not with modern actions. Something along the lines of a mosin, but In calibers like 7.62x39, 357, 44 mag, 223,
Maybe 45.

I don’t know if it has any utility south of the border, but since we can’t use pistols for wildlife defence it would be nice to have something available that is shorter than a regular carbine, longer than a pistol, powerful and reasonably accurate and light enough. 28” long, in a powerful cartridge. My friends and I have discussed this multiple times regarding our bear hunting area and how much easier it would be to have on our side while maintaining the site when we visit alone for a bait drop.

Agreed with several above comments: something in 7.62x39 would be quite nice and handy, easy shooting, affordable and a nice introduction for new shooters as well.

Everything in Stainless or aluminum material has a far greater appeal to me these days with the humidity of half the year and the condensation after coming in out of the cold the other half of the year. The same can be said for the entire prairies, the coasts, actually pretty much everywhere in Canada aside from Osoyoos B.C.

WOW ! I appreciate that you come here !

One more reason i dont regret my AR-7 i bought brand new couples weeks ago,and im in love with that little thing.

So much in love,why not taking the AR-7 and made it in 22 magnum ? with 15 rounds mags,i would be all over it !

Back
Top Bottom