What gun should Henry make next?

Came here to say something similar to this. All weather with a short barrel, 26.1" overall length. 44 Mag would be nice, but I'd die for one in .454 Casull that could also fire .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt. You could do it - Taurus makes the Raging Judge Magnum that accepts all three cartridges, and a short barrel lever action carbine would be a perfect match for it. A 14" barrel should permit 4x or maybe 5x shells of .410, and 6x or maybe 7x .454 Casull rounds.

You could really cut into the Chiappa Alaskan market if you wanted to take a bite of that apple - they're like $1800 Canadian, while I've seen your all-weathers out there for $1200. The Alaskans are expensive for what you get, and a cheaper alternative that could fire a variety of ammo (.45 long colt, .454 Casull and .410 shotgun shells) that's still Non-Restricted could really be attractive.

Even better yet if you load the tube magazine from the side gate. Capacity would be limited given the length of the cartridges (particularly for .410 shotshells) but it would be fun as hell.

A long barrel version would be cool too - better capacity and sight radius, and you would be able to sell to the US market no prob.

Anyways, here's a crappy MSPaint edit I did... Think about it:

D7Ivi5q.jpg

I'd take 2

Oh Henry!

Welcome!

I would definitely put any kind of money down for a 9mm lever carbine of some sorts.

I know a rimless cartridge would complicate extraction but I know you folks at Henry are very innovative.

Look forward to anything you guys come out with anyways...thanks!

I don’t know if it has any utility south of the border, but since we can’t use pistols for wildlife defence it would be nice to have something available that is shorter than a regular carbine, longer than a pistol, powerful and reasonably accurate and light enough. 28” long, in a powerful cartridge. My friends and I have discussed this multiple times regarding our bear hunting area and how much easier it would be to have on our side while maintaining the site when we visit alone for a bait drop.

Agreed with several above comments: something in 7.62x39 would be quite nice and handy, easy shooting, affordable and a nice introduction for new shooters as well.

Everything in Stainless or aluminum material has a far greater appeal to me these days with the humidity of half the year and the condensation after coming in out of the cold the other half of the year. The same can be said for the entire prairies, the coasts, actually pretty much everywhere in Canada aside from Osoyoos B.C.

You basically described something henry already makes the mare's leg

Really do need a 50 cal....50S&W, Alaskan, 50-110....needs to be less price point than chiappa though, $1300can for a lever is getting to be Winchester prices and that is too much!

Not sure if you will see this through the mountains and mountains of requests. I would also like to state that you may be out of your comfort zone as the guns I'm talking about are not quite your department but I assure you that if you do this request you would make quite a lot of money.

I've been searching for a remake of a of 1897 WW1 Trench gun with bayonet. Original firing mechanism for slam firing.
The other is a modern reproduction of the following, Enfield No1 Mk3 with Bayo, Enfield No4 Mk1 or Mk2, a Ross Rifle with enhanced safety for the bolt reassembly (call it a Mk4, stopped production at Mk3).

your single shot 12g shotguns but with short barrel, and if you can come up with calibre adapters for them aswell that would be great..... btw just wanted to say how great your customer service is, the stock on my .22 lever cracked (H001) I sent an email to you directly from your website and you had a replacement sent out right away for me.

I recently purchased a HO15-308, absolutely perfect rifle, beautiful wood good trigger. It was exactly what I hoped for.

I vote for a wire stock single shot in 9mm,10mm,45acp. You could even offer a 3 quick change barrel combo.

And or a “short” ranger in auto pistol chambering

I will also support the mares leg with additional full stock because we don’t have the SBR rules

Stainless lever in 7.62x39 with removable mag, buck horn sights with built in scope rail and a sling mounts/studs all within a Carbine length and while you are reworking the wheel throw in a takedown option.

Last edited:
Came here to say something similar to this. All weather with a short barrel, 26.1" overall length. 44 Mag would be nice, but I'd die for one in .454 Casull that could also fire .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt. You could do it - Taurus makes the Raging Judge Magnum that accepts all three cartridges, and a short barrel lever action carbine would be a perfect match for it. A 14" barrel should permit 4x or maybe 5x shells of .410, and 6x or maybe 7x .454 Casull rounds.

You could really cut into the Chiappa Alaskan market if you wanted to take a bite of that apple - they're like $1800 Canadian, while I've seen your all-weathers out there for $1200. The Alaskans are expensive for what you get, and a cheaper alternative that could fire a variety of ammo (.45 long colt, .454 Casull and .410 shotgun shells) that's still Non-Restricted could really be attractive.

Even better yet if you load the tube magazine from the side gate. Capacity would be limited given the length of the cartridges (particularly for .410 shotshells) but it would be fun as hell.

A long barrel version would be cool too - better capacity and sight radius, and you would be able to sell to the US market no prob.

Anyways, here's a crappy MSPaint edit I did... Think about it:

D7Ivi5q.jpg

THIS, minus 410ga, which may introduce unnecessary complications.

I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Back
Top Bottom