What gun should Henry make next?

X model in 22lr, with the side gate please.

Oh, and the all weather type finish with the black synthetic stock. Oh baby!!!!

Last edited:
Winchester 1873 in .45 colt - 44-40 and a Win 1886 ...45-70
The Win 1873 is what is used the most in Cowboy matches..

Last edited:
Universal single shot receiver along the lines of what you already produce, sold in two barrel combos like a 12 or 20 with a 26-28” barrel and a pistol caliber barrel @ 18.6” in .44 or .357 with 4” pic rail, each barrel type having it’s own forestock. Keep it in the 600-700 with additional shotgun/pistol barrels at 150 and rifle barrels for 200, forestocks at 70 and no premium for youth models.

There is a long history of singles in Canada with companies such as Cooey being domestically produced. You could then offer “Canadiana” models at a premium (like naming the model “Cooey” or “Canuck”)

Henry is primarily a lever-gun company, so I'm not sure it's practical to be asking for semi/bolt/pump guns or for rifle calibres that don't belong in a tube magazine.

That said, something that runs on 1911 magazines would be cool; there aren't enough long-gun companions to the 1911 presently.

But mostly I see Henry as a maker of really nice-looking lever guns, so something with extra-special figured walnut around a brass receiver in a traditional calibre would be it.

I will second the nomination of .410 axe in a 3inch shell, I am waiting to purchase an axe as soon as it is brought into Canada, an excellent grouse gun with a 41 caliber slug for secondary duty, so yes would really like to see it with a 3inch shell

I’m totally down for the mares leg 9mm

Could have options like a large loop and standard loop lever, wood and polymer, full stock and short, takedown option (which would be unreal), gold plated bling blong version, etc

I fully understand the design issues with non-rimmed lever guns (9mm). That being said, if you can pull that one off you will truly be pulling a rabbit out of your hat.

Back
Top Bottom