What gun should Henry make next?

Simple and understated:
Carbine with max 16.5" (even a bit shorter) barrel
Large loop
Steel blued or cerakoted
Wood furniture
Side gate loading
Factory fitted rail on the receiver with ghost right (like an XS sights rail for Marlin 94 but shorter). Keep the rail only as needed for optics, minimize the tacticool cheese grater look.
Take-down would be appealing but likely increase cost. Perhaps this format in take-down and non TD?
Usual straight wall chamberings

Last edited:
Make all of your current line-up available with side gate loading. More specifically the case colored variant in .357/38 and 30-30, been waiting for these to come around for a while.

A summary so far:

Number of times each word shows up in the body of this thread:

"9mm" - 86
"side loading" - 85
"500 S&W" - 16
"7.62x39" - 11
"45acp" - 11
"mare's leg" - 27
"223" - 21

Hi there! Thanks for taking an interest in the Canadian firearms market.

What I would really like to see is a your 45-70 "brass with octagonal barrel" (Model H010B) in a stainless steel side gate. Keep the stock style, keep the larger triangular lever loop, heck, I even like the octagonal barrel but that could be rounded for weight savings I guess, but I digress. Basically that look but in stainless, in a side gate and basically competing directly with the Marlin 1895GS but give us your quality, fit and finish and importantly, that ###y triangular loop straight stocked version. So it has the utilitarian aspect of stainless and enlarged loop, the ability to side load which is nice in the bush but you aren't going totally modern with it like the "monte carlo" style stocks (but I guess you could have that option too in a stainless side gate) and parkerizing etc.

Traditional, Stainless, ###y Triangular Loop, Side Gate.

The biggest reason I have never purchased a H010B is because they are soooo damn nice and Id be afraid to take it hiking for fear of marring the beauty.

I think a short barreled, maneuverable, heavy-bullet firing repeater for those of us who hunt deer in heavy brush would be amazing. As others have said, 454/460 or 500 S&W lever actions would be mind-blowing in a 16" barrel. Maybe shorter? Personally, I'd love one in 458 socom. Trapdoor 45-70 power in a more compact package!

I'd buy a side loading mare's leg in 9mm.

A rifle in 500 s&w would be awesome too

How 'bout a lever action over/under?

The lever feeds 9mm to the bottom barrel, but the action also breaks open to drop a 500 S&W into the upper barrel? Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, BOOM, bang, bang, bang...

Broken record: Please ship out to Canada suppliers soon. I have been waiting on a X model since March. Being able to interchangeably put wood furnitiure it would be neat.

Side gate mare's legs. Maybe in 45-70 for ####s & giggles. Mare's legs have been in high demand in Canada lately!

Thanks for listening.

Back
Top Bottom