What gun should Henry make next?

I’ve been looking for a lever gun setup like this for years
-16” or so threaded barrel
-stainless
-side loading
-wood furniture
-subtle rail for optics or just tapped for one
-mag tube right up to the threads
-available in handgun cartridges such as 45colt, 44mag, 357, and if by some miracle you can make rimless cartridges work 45acp and 9mm.

Some companies have come close but never really knocked it out of the park

I love the suggestion to use 1911 mags in a rifle, that’s a winner too

Might be out of your comfort zone but, Marlin 'Black series' of Rifles have been very popular, seem to sell out quickly. How about something similar? (without the selling out quickly part). .357 Magnum side loading, big loop, threaded barrel. Maybe keep the nice wood, maybe black it up, Stainless Steel option too?. One in .45 70 would be a hit....16" or 20" barrels.

Departs from the usual traditions of Henry, but so did the original Henry when Muzzle loaders were being used!.

Rather than developing new lines, I would like to see an improvement in quality. My henry H001 is the least accurate gun I own. It's already been sent for warranty repair and while better than it was, still isn't great. Also shot a golden boy, another H001, and an ar-7 and none of them where particularly accurate.

That said, an accurate falling block in 22lr, 22wmr, 17, 223 and maybe a pistol caliber would be pretty amazing. Especially if it came with a factory peep sight, and was at least somewhat accurate.

Long Ranger, 22” barrel in .338 Federal.

VISA ready for deployment; please advise.

Option for the same but with some “rough-and-tumbleness” features (synthetic or laminate, cerakote, etc.) would be icing on the cake. But honestly, I don’t need icing right now, I’ll just take the .338 Federal cake please.

If you can fix the triggers limited edition runs of single shots in unique calibers would be cool. Not to mention combo guns ala the Savage 24.

My H001 is very accurate, I recently sold over 15 firearms and the Henry is 1/3 I’ve held onto.

Another vote for a s/s med bore long Ranger be it 338 fed, 358 win or 375 raptor ( okay I threw that one in for me).

You guys make such smooth and enjoyable lever guns I bet you could make an AWESOME O/U shotgun for trap/skeet and hunting. Looking forward to it!

Short, Stainless, fiber sights, wood stocks. 9mm/357/44...

9mm lever carbine. Like your SGR .22

LOVE my lever 410. If it only came choked in a short pipe

Last edited:
Not sure how a 9mm lever gun would work unless it was a box magazine instead of a tube. Surprised a 9mm lever gun seems to be the most wanted.

That’s great that Henry has joined our Canadian threads. Your lever guns are fantastic. Welcome to CGN!

Lever action .17 hornet !

Gold receiver.
Gold but plate
Gold trigger and lever
Gold hammer with side ext for you thumb (when a scope is mounted)
Gold barrel ring.
Gold bead on the front blade sight.
Adjustable rear sight
Rear flip up adjustable peep sight

Would be a reloading dream for gophers and small vermin.

Last edited:
Rear mounted peep sites that still allow a scope if wanted and a red dot rail where the typical rear sights are currently located on the barrel would be nice.... :)

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure how a 9mm lever gun would work unless it was a box magazine instead of a tube. Surprised a 9mm lever gun seems to be the most wanted.

That’s great that Henry has joined our Canadian threads. Your lever guns are fantastic. Welcome to CGN!

What all do you see as being the limiting factors?

Back
Top Bottom