What gun should Henry make next?

You're right. I misremembered. Though the plunger on the front of the 1907/1910 is still not really safe a design.

It doesn't seem that unsafe assuming it's short enough to #### from the shoulder.

Either way, now that the cocking handle isn't patented, they could swap that mechanism out for a cocking handle and there wouldn't be anything to worry about

Belt fed lever bullpup

Belt-Fed-Bullpup-Lever-Action-Rifle-Chambered-in-.44-Magnum-main-660x350.jpg

Ok, here is a quick photoshop of an X Model with: ghost rings, pic rail, and walnut stock. Would like to see something like this.

CQAomvR.jpg

Maybe I'll do my take on a Long Ranger later on..

Attachments

• CQAomvR.jpg
    CQAomvR.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 250
We're paying $1,600.00 plus tax for a 14 inch octagon barrel chromed take down .44 mag lever gun and $2,000.00 plus tax for the same gun in 45/70 . I have the .44 mag but the price of the 45/70 is out of reach . 14 inch is really important . The dealers can't keep the Chiapas in stock they sell so fast . Make the 14 inch Canuk version at a reasonable price and you'll likely sell a couple of hundred of them before you even make them . Chrome or stainless and synthetic stock with a ghost ring sight and the ability to add a pic rail or just make it with a pic rail . Take down isn't a deal breaker as i rarely take mine down . Anything around $1.400.00 Canuk bucks and i'll take two , seriously .

Make a 0.45 ACP caliber rifle that takes advantage of the shorter cartridge to shorten the frame and give it the aesthetics of a volcanic carbine.

Add an integral silencer to make it ideal for home defense in gun-unfriendly jurisdictions.

I like the idea of a 9x19 mm in a lever action with floating barrel and M-Lock type forearm and synthetic stock(can't look to close to an ar-15 or the govt will prohibit it. But I would love to be able to put my hand on a more affordable Sharps in 45/120. Such an open question and so many dreams!!!!

Make a 0.45 ACP caliber rifle that takes advantage of the shorter cartridge to shorten the frame and give it the aesthetics of a volcanic carbine.

Add an integral silencer to make it ideal for home defense in gun-unfriendly jurisdictions.

45acp+volcanic = Awesome , Then you just lost me.

9mm lever. I was shocked and delighted to see your company on here. Thanks for thinking of us north of the 49th parallel.

how about a Lone Ranger that takes AR magazines

This. I really like the looks and mechanical design of the Long Ranger and having one that took magazines that most of us already have a bunch of would be incredible. My dream guns would be a pair of stainless (or nitrided) take down Long Rangers in .223/5.56 and 7.62x39 that took AR pattern mags.

Honestly, most of the interesting/new ideas (9mm levergun? wut? WANT!) of what has been mentioned here would result in the lightening of my wallet. I'm so happy to see a quality firearm manufacturer asking Canadian customers for new product ideas.

Last edited:
How about this idea...

Think of the LeMat Revolver, done as a Henry carbine.

Have a .44 or .357 lever action, with the tube inside the stock and a single shot 20 gauge mounted below.

You'd need a loading button to hold back the spring to get the first round in the tube mag.

Theres got to be a few ways of doing the shotgun, but I think either a falling breech or having the breech end swing out for loading like the H&K 40mm grenade launchers would be cool.

With a 16" barrel on the shotgun, and 20 on the rifle (to accommodate the breech) this would be a formidable firearm.

Please thread the barrel for chokes.

Back
Top Bottom