Page 22 of 118 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

410 shotgun with fully rifled barrel and partner to make plastic hull full bore slugs for it.

I'm sure it's been said however, the big boy x models should also have the option of being ordered with walnut furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Came here to say something similar to this. All weather with a short barrel, 26.1" overall length. 44 Mag would be nice, but I'd die for one in .454 Casull that could also fire .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt. You could do it - Taurus makes the Raging Judge Magnum that accepts all three cartridges, and a short barrel lever action carbine would be a perfect match for it. A 14" barrel should permit 4x or maybe 5x shells of .410, and 6x or maybe 7x .454 Casull rounds.

You could really cut into the Chiappa Alaskan market if you wanted to take a bite of that apple - they're like $1800 Canadian, while I've seen your all-weathers out there for $1200. The Alaskans are expensive for what you get, and a cheaper alternative that could fire a variety of ammo (.45 long colt, .454 Casull and .410 shotgun shells) that's still Non-Restricted could really be attractive.

Even better yet if you load the tube magazine from the side gate. Capacity would be limited given the length of the cartridges (particularly for .410 shotshells) but it would be fun as hell.

A long barrel version would be cool too - better capacity and sight radius, and you would be able to sell to the US market no prob.

Anyways, here's a crappy MSPaint edit I did... Think about it:

That...would be sooooooo awesome
    Slava Ukraini!

Side load gate mares leg in 454 casul that has no trouble chambering 45 colt so it can also shoot light loads
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Came here to say something similar to this. All weather with a short barrel, 26.1" overall length. 44 Mag would be nice, but I'd die for one in .454 Casull that could also fire .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt. You could do it - Taurus makes the Raging Judge Magnum that accepts all three cartridges, and a short barrel lever action carbine would be a perfect match for it. A 14" barrel should permit 4x or maybe 5x shells of .410, and 6x or maybe 7x .454 Casull rounds.

You could really cut into the Chiappa Alaskan market if you wanted to take a bite of that apple - they're like $1800 Canadian, while I've seen your all-weathers out there for $1200. The Alaskans are expensive for what you get, and a cheaper alternative that could fire a variety of ammo (.45 long colt, .454 Casull and .410 shotgun shells) that's still Non-Restricted could really be attractive.

Even better yet if you load the tube magazine from the side gate. Capacity would be limited given the length of the cartridges (particularly for .410 shotshells) but it would be fun as hell.

A long barrel version would be cool too - better capacity and sight radius, and you would be able to sell to the US market no prob.

Anyways, here's a crappy MSPaint edit I did... Think about it:

Well done, I like it!.....
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

I'd like to see series of bolt action rifles, but not with modern actions. Something along the lines of a mosin, but In calibers like 7.62x39, 357, 44 mag, 223,
    Maybe 45.

I'm boring. A nice 7mm rem mag with box mag to allow aerodynamics ammo. I want a lever capable of accurate 400 yard shots.

CGN Regular
    I don’t know if it has any utility south of the border, but since we can’t use pistols for wildlife defence it would be nice to have something available that is shorter than a regular carbine, longer than a pistol, powerful and reasonably accurate and light enough. 28” long, in a powerful cartridge. My friends and I have discussed this multiple times regarding our bear hunting area and how much easier it would be to have on our side while maintaining the site when we visit alone for a bait drop.

Agreed with several above comments: something in 7.62x39 would be quite nice and handy, easy shooting, affordable and a nice introduction for new shooters as well.

Everything in Stainless or aluminum material has a far greater appeal to me these days with the humidity of half the year and the condensation after coming in out of the cold the other half of the year. The same can be said for the entire prairies, the coasts, actually pretty much everywhere in Canada aside from Osoyoos B.C.

CGN Regular
    WOW ! I appreciate that you come here !

One more reason i dont regret my AR-7 i bought brand new couples weeks ago,and im in love with that little thing.

So much in love,why not taking the AR-7 and made it in 22 magnum ? with 15 rounds mags,i would be all over it !

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 70m4h4wk View Post
    I'd like to see all-weather guns with loading ports. one in each caliber you produce.
    Agreed!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -