Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Came here to say something similar to this. All weather with a short barrel, 26.1" overall length. 44 Mag would be nice, but I'd die for one in .454 Casull that could also fire .410 shotshells and .45 Long Colt. You could do it - Taurus makes the Raging Judge Magnum that accepts all three cartridges, and a short barrel lever action carbine would be a perfect match for it. A 14" barrel should permit 4x or maybe 5x shells of .410, and 6x or maybe 7x .454 Casull rounds.

You could really cut into the Chiappa Alaskan market if you wanted to take a bite of that apple - they're like $1800 Canadian, while I've seen your all-weathers out there for $1200. The Alaskans are expensive for what you get, and a cheaper alternative that could fire a variety of ammo (.45 long colt, .454 Casull and .410 shotgun shells) that's still Non-Restricted could really be attractive.

Even better yet if you load the tube magazine from the side gate. Capacity would be limited given the length of the cartridges (particularly for .410 shotshells) but it would be fun as hell.

A long barrel version would be cool too - better capacity and sight radius, and you would be able to sell to the US market no prob.

Anyways, here's a crappy MSPaint edit I did... Think about it:

I'd take 2
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    Lose the 410 aspect and design should be very simple I would imagine.

9mm, side loading lever gun for sure.

Single shot chambered in 41mag would be nice. Ordered one in 357 but id buy another for sure if they came in 41mag. Already have a big boy steel in 41.

Oh Henry!

Welcome!

I would definitely put any kind of money down for a 9mm lever carbine of some sorts.

I know a rimless cartridge would complicate extraction but I know you folks at Henry are very innovative.

Look forward to anything you guys come out with anyways...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 99Solutions View Post
    I don’t know if it has any utility south of the border, but since we can’t use pistols for wildlife defence it would be nice to have something available that is shorter than a regular carbine, longer than a pistol, powerful and reasonably accurate and light enough. 28” long, in a powerful cartridge. My friends and I have discussed this multiple times regarding our bear hunting area and how much easier it would be to have on our side while maintaining the site when we visit alone for a bait drop.

Agreed with several above comments: something in 7.62x39 would be quite nice and handy, easy shooting, affordable and a nice introduction for new shooters as well.

Everything in Stainless or aluminum material has a far greater appeal to me these days with the humidity of half the year and the condensation after coming in out of the cold the other half of the year. The same can be said for the entire prairies, the coasts, actually pretty much everywhere in Canada aside from Osoyoos B.C.
    You basically described something henry already makes the mare's leg

Really do need a 50 cal....50S&W, Alaskan, 50-110....needs to be less price point than chiappa though, $1300can for a lever is getting to be Winchester prices and that is too much!

Lever in 10mm
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

I'd love to see a grade of 1866 rifle that I can sling over my shoulder and trudge through the bush.
    Click on my profile to see my EE Ads.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Smoothbore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    brass receiver 357/38spl !!!! thanks for asking! and welcome!
    Yes, please make this rifle.