What gun should Henry make next?

I was in the tractor today with my Henry big boy .357 and a coyote came into range I then noticed my ammo was in my pocket. To chop a story short I missed the chance due to NO Damn Side Gate Loading Just a tube that you have to fumble with takes far too long.. I know now why everyone is asking for side gate loading...

If Henry adds that useless tang safety it will be the end of my interest in them. The transfer bar is unobtrusive and requires no attention or manipulation. It satisfies the lawyers without ruining the beautiful simplicity of an external-hammer lever gun.

Levers don't need no stinkin' safety buttons. :)

They use mild steal in the transfer bar my golden boy in 44 had its transfer bar deform bad enough to cause light strikes. I'd rather a more reliable system. The new winchesters look perfectly fine with a tang safety plus you can still mount tang sights. Plus with a tang safety you can get a slightly crisper trigger

Henry side-gate lever action with octagonal barrel. I don't dig how the current side-gate model only have regular barrel.

I don't like reloading from the tube I find it impracticable and all the octagonal model have no side-gate.

I think some synthetic furniture like the 16" stainless 1894 to lighten up the rifles a bit would be really nifty.

M6 style survival rifle, with a 410 barrel and a centerfire rifle barrel ( 357 mag, 44 mag, 45 colt, etc)

Pump centerfires ala the Timberwolf

Side loading 454 casull and 500 S&W rifles.

Stainless synthetic long ranger

Bringing back the Timberwolf is exactly what I was thinking as well. I imagine the parents have run out on it. It could be an exact copy. I know that I would have to have one.

Back
Top Bottom