Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyHead View Post
    How about an AR15 version.

Just kidding. I'm with the 9mm lever action group.
    Has there ever been a lever action, that had a tube mag that didn't use rimmed cartages?

I only ever seen levers with box mags that used non rimmed cartages. AKA Browning BLR.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

35 remington is rimless

Quote Originally Posted by ginsingjones View Post
    35 remington is rimless
    Hmm That changes alot.

Add me to the 9mm lever list.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Any thing in .303
    Collecting, shooting and have fun.

How about a level-action machine gun?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I am not quite sure a 9mm lever gun with a tubular magazine is practical, because people will be using a lot of cheap pointed round nose FMJ. That i am not sure it is kosher in a tubular magazine, ie in-magazine primer detonation when cartridges are lined up one behind another.

10mm or 40 S&W are probably better choice, because the 40 cal bullets have flatter noses. It will also hold more ammo than 357/38 spl and pack more punch.

Balderdash. ;-P “We put a man on the moon 50 years ago...” and other stuff my dad says.

How about this:

All of the above exaggerated for illustration purposes.

The “tube” magazine is less tube and more oblong to control the cartridge’s side to side motion, while allowing a little play up and down.

The magazine would have either have perfectly placed bumps, or crimps pressed into it to force the cartridges to be offset in the same way a rimmed cartridge sits offset in the tube. The offset only needs to be a millimeter or so to get the point off the center of the primer. The plunger would just have cut outs to clear the bumps.

And Henry... I know you’re listening... if you use this design you gotta send me one of the rifles out of the first batch! :-D ;-)
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    I am not quite sure a 9mm lever gun with a tubular magazine is practical, because people will be using a lot of cheap pointed round nose FMJ. That i am not sure it is kosher in a tubular magazine, ie in-magazine primer detonation when cartridges are lined up one behind another.

10mm or 40 S&W are probably better choice, because the 40 cal bullets have flatter noses. It will also hold more ammo than 357/38 spl and pack more punch.
    I think your right on that one. Even if a tube detonation is highly unlikely but if it did happen that would be a nightmare for Henry.
    Even if they did produce one it's likely the american market would eat them up and leave very little for us like usual.
    Would be nice to see them step up production of the popular rifles they already manufacture so there is more to go around for everyone and maybe lower the price point a little.
    Having maybe an affordable line of levers and single shots would make more sense than trying to re engineer their rifles to shoot a short, rimless auto pistol bullet. Especially coming in a time where money will be a lot tighter for many people.
    Just my opinion.

9mm lever gun does not have to be tube mag.

I would appreciate if it could accept Glock mags.

Speedloader-fed rifle/shotgun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alafly View Post
    9mm lever gun does not have to be tube mag.

I would appreciate if it could accept Glock mags.
    While I can appreciate the convenience, I can’t appreciate the ugly.

Nice wooden lever with half of a naked black glock mag dangling out of it...
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.