What gun should Henry make next?

Im in the market for 2 .44 mag shortbarrel levers. 5 round 12" or so barrel mag full buttstock big loop dont have to be fancy but functional. Side load definately.
Looking at the chiappas...but id rather have henrys

Honest question from a guy in his sixties....what do you envision using such a gun for? I'm an old-school hunter and target shooter with a bunch of wood and blued steel firearms and, for the life of me, I can't imagine a use case for the mares legs, etc. But it appears there is a huge demand for these guns. What do people use the short-barreled, short stocked guns for?

Im a fan of the Henry single shot rifles, but i would like to have one in a more powerful caliber for long range shots on bigger game like elk and moose. If Henry could chamber their single shots in 300 win mag or 338 win mag that would be great.

Honest question from a guy in his sixties....what do you envision using such a gun for? I'm an old-school hunter and target shooter with a bunch of wood and blued steel firearms and, for the life of me, I can't imagine a use case for the mares legs, etc. But it appears there is a huge demand for these guns. What do people use the short-barreled, short stocked guns for?

I know of one owner personally who loves theirs. Its their outdoors gun that's not a 12 gauge basically. Easy to store and carry in many outdoors situations.

You can throw it in a pack or with another firearm in a single size bag and pack it easily with other items or carry it on a sling with ease due to lower weight. The nice thing for Canadians is the (stupid) laws here make it non restricted, whereas the other options that exist outside the lever actions out there are the pistol caliber carbines for center-fire with are overwhelmingly semi auto therefore require longer barrels and/or stocks to be NR.

You have the option of replacing/changing stock out with standard or youth lengths so you can have versatile lengths to fit multiple body types. Majority of firearms are built for the avg male.

This can also affect different provinces/territories differently due to hunting regulations etc. Barrel length is more than adequate for the ranges you would probably use this for hunting if you chose to.

Winchester Mdel 71

STMP-120100-SHO-01.jpg

This would be sweet, especially if it was reasonably affordable.

If the Long Ranger could be tweaked slightly to accommodate something like a 10rd detachable box mag for the 223, that would be awesome. As is, the lever seems like it just gets in the way at full extension

Single-shot falling block rifle with 28" octagonal barrel in 45-70 with nice wood furniture and recoil pad.

I think this would be an excellent addition to your lineup. Color case hardened receiver, lever and other metal part ( excluding the barrel of course ) would also be nice.
Henry always seems to get the wood furniture right. So, yeah, a Henry 1885 High wall would be very interesting.

I did a lot of research since I first posted here in this thread.. So here it goes Short stroke cas ready 357/38s, slick and polish up your actions so no FTF, light side gate no pinched fingers, There are zero modern short stroke lever rifles period Not counting the customs.

I was in the local canadian tire today and saw one of your .410 shotguns....I was fascinated and ALMOST smitten! I would want to shoot skeet and clays with the gun, so the only drawback for me was the fact that it did not have a side loading port.

When I got home, I logged online to check out other models and was thrilled to see you did in fact make .410 models with a side loading gate, but was dismayed there was not a standard wood stocked version like the one I saw in the store. So...my wish list would be for you to simply offer the Lever Action X model in .410 with a simple bead and standard wooden furniture.

Thanks for checking in here!

Best,

Brobee

Back
Top Bottom