What gun should Henry make next?

Do you remember the old IMI Timber Wolf pump action rifle in .357/.38 Spcl?

That's what you should build.

If the Long Ranger could be tweaked slightly to accommodate something like a 10rd detachable box mag for the 223, that would be awesome. As is, the lever seems like it just gets in the way at full extension

This would absolutely sell me on a Long Ranger. Hell, give me a 20 round mag and I'd use it for 2 gun.

simple and cheap break off shotguns, to me henry has always been the affordable lever action .22 (ive had one since i was a kid) with that being said, i think henry could out compete the other brands who make single shot shotguns and with your name, it could be a mass produced gun like the lazer, bioto, olympic etc. also i recently heard that lazer went out of business so there is an opening in the market!
my gauge suggestions would be the smaller gauge guns, everyone wants a cheap first gun for their kid for christmas, 12 gauges would likely be too big, id recommend .410, 28 gauge and 20 gauge, in my local market (newfoundland) a basic single shot 410 will run $200 and up and they are hard to find, especially the backpacker models with short barrels, if you wanted add on cost items, you could produce them with longer barrels, colored stocks, fiberoptic rifle sights etc. thanks for reading!

I like the Idea of the 9mm lever action.

But could you maybe make some more of them in 45 colt
Its on my wish list especially wood furniture, in silver, full size.

open a plant in Canada ? We have great resources and skilled educated workers that would love to spend there time
Making and creating some quality Canadian equipment We made guns for Winchester, Mossberg and sent many over seas during some tough times. We can start with some combos in some well known Canadian calibers 22/20g. 303british/.22lr on top 7.62x39/22 or how about 3030/22mag for the trappers with no plastic parts. A .22lr lever that uses removable mag. Would be great to see a firearms plant in Canada the demand seems strong

I would like to see a lower quality axe. I love the axe, but there's no way I could justify spending $1500+ for it. If you had an option with lower quality materials, I think it would sell well. I wouldn't even care if it was synthetic. To me, that's a $700 - $800 gun. I would want it for very utilitarian purposes, so it wouldn't need to be fancy.

I have been writing all these suggestions down on little pieces of paper, and putting the papers into bottles.
I take them down to the creek behind my house and let them float away, all the way to the Henry factory so they can read them.
I expect to see these ideas on store shelves any day now.

A double rifle, much like a fine English side by side, but with a distinctly Henry flair. Also it should be in pistol caliber such as .357 or 44 magnum, at least initially.

Also welcome to CGN! Great to have you. I love my Henry rifles so keep up the great work!

I came here to mention that as well. A double or combo gun from Henry would be great. I'd buy their double .44 mag.

My suggestion would be a very light and short carbine in 454 casual/460 s&w or 500 s&w. Detachable mag would also be great on this, although a tube with a quick load/unload feature would be good too. In a similar fashion to tube fed 22lr firearms. Stainless and synthetic stock for being a working gun.

Essentially what I'm getting at is an ultra lightweight, compact, and powerful bush carry gun as we're not allowed to carry handguns. The lighter and more compact, the better. There's a reason a lot of people here have converted mares legs in into full length stocked carbines, but I find chamber offerings a bit anemic for some of the bears around here.

Last edited:
Make ultra light bush guns. Id love to see a "little badger" like gun in 9mm or 38/357, heck a 10mm would make me bust a nut but id stick with the lighter options first. Survival back pack guns, bare bones, nothin fancy.

I would like to see your single shot 12 g break open 3.5 inch chambered gun but with a 12 inch or 14 inch barrel. Easy project and cheap

Back
Top Bottom