Page 47 of 118 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434445464748495051525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

Would love a .460 S&w leaver or pump action rifle. I know there is a leaver on the market already but more options the better.

CGN Regular
    On the existing plaform that you have available

1- A take-down single shot short survival rifle in 460 S&W ,454,45 colt . Light at around 16 inch barrel. Metal sight , spare .410 14 inch barrel that store in the
    The buttstock.

2-lever action 5,56 -223 with AR-15 mag.

3- a 9,3x62 short lone Ranger rifle in the 20 inch barrel lenght with ramp rear sight.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    A levergun is not just a nostalgia item; it's a superfast manual repeater for those of us...and we do exist!...who don't need or necessarily want a semiauto. The ability to quickly load or unload by means of a detachable box magazine just adds to the utility.

A Ruger PC9 is an outstanding 100-yards-and-in pest gun to keep handy with a fully loaded mag ready to pop in when a coyote shows up in the barnyard. But a Henry lever-action detach-box-mag in 9mm would replace it in a heartbeat, for me. More than fast enough for a second or third shot if I need or want it, but not chambered and cocked until I need or want it.

A pump would be just as nice, but as mentioned above, it might complicate the takedown feature and it would be a shame not to have that as well.
    ???

How is that different than a PC9? Just leave the chamber empty, then rack the bolt to cock and chamber when you need it. Same as the lever.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    ???

How is that different than a PC9? Just leave the chamber empty, then rack the bolt to cock and chamber when you need it. Same as the lever.
    Second or subsequent shots. With a lever, I can delay cycling the lever after my first shot, or even drop the lever and mag and be unloaded without ever chambering a second cartridge. I like that. It's also safer for a child or new shooter than letting them use a semiauto.

Mostly a personal preference thing. For most purposes, I just don't care for a semi-auto. Mind you, I still prefer driving a manual transmission too, so...
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Second or subsequent shots. With a lever, I can delay cycling the lever after my first shot, or even drop the lever and mag and be unloaded without ever chambering a second cartridge. I like that. It's also safer for a child or new shooter than letting them use a semiauto.

Mostly a personal preference thing. For most purposes, I just don't care for a semi-auto. Mind you, I still prefer driving a manual transmission too, so...
    No action is any less safer, with the proper training. All require finger off the trigger, until ready to shoot. Also you can control how many rounds you can put in a mag. IE 1. Most people when letting a new shooter shoot, will only load one round, no matter the action. And also it is your responsibility to watch these people when shooting.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    No action is any less safer, with the proper training. All require finger off the trigger, until ready to shoot. Also you can control how many rounds you can put in a mag. IE 1. Most people when letting a new shooter shoot, will only load one round, no matter the action. And also it is your responsibility to watch these people when shooting.
    Thanks, dad. For myself, I simply prefer finger off the trigger and empty chamber if I wish. For new shooters, I watch like a hawk...but proper training includes eventually working up to multiple shots in the gun, and the slower pace of shooting/ejecting/re-chambering that is possible with a lever is preferable IMHO.

Repeating the same old stuff that "everyone" says is great, but thinking it through and understanding why it's safe...and how it might be even safer...seems worthwhile as well. The lever just adds another intermediate step between single-shot loading and full-mag-semi-auto...sort of "slow-semi-auto".

Sorry to Henry Arms for the derail.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Thanks, dad. For myself, I simply prefer finger off the trigger and empty chamber if I wish. For new shooters, I watch like a hawk...but proper training includes eventually working up to multiple shots in the gun, and the slower pace of shooting/ejecting/re-chambering that is possible with a lever is preferable IMHO.

Repeating the same old stuff that "everyone"says is great, but thinking it through and understanding why it's safe...and how it might be even safer...seems worthwhile as well. The lever just adds another intermediate step between single-shot loading and full-mag-semi-auto...sort of "slow-semi-auto".

Sorry to Henry Arms for the derail.
    Okay Grandpa. Safest firearm is the one pointed in a safe directions at all time. Cannot get any safer than that. Semi autos don't have to be shot fast, and can be shot slowly.

Well a lever isn't and cannot be a semi auto. Because it doesn't use the gas of the fired round to cycle the action, to chamber the next round. Word your are thinking of, is repeater.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Regular
    A full 9mm line. AR-7, Mares leg (+ add full size stock option for all mares leg) and across all your other lever models where pratical.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Okay Grandpa. Safest firearm is the one pointed in a safe directions at all time. Cannot get any safer than that. Semi autos don't have to be shot fast, and can be shot slowly.

Well a lever isn't and cannot be a semi auto. Because it doesn't use the gas of the fired round to cycle the action, to chamber the next round. Word your are thinking of, is repeater.
    Great job polluting the thread with a stupid argument. Hopefully someone has the time to remove all the off-topic garbage.

357 and 44 cal. in a pump action octagon barrel rear peep sites but scope mountable option.
    perfect....