Page 48 of 118 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444546474849505152535455565868 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

I always prefer lever actions with box magazines like the BLR or the Winchester 88. Slap something like that together like that in a bunch of standard (and cool!) Calibres and I'd probably snag a few!
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

Also someting handy in 7.62x39, lots of ammo but firearms hit hard wit the ban

More ideas for Pimp My Gun

http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Most of the people suggesting magazine are for rifle calibers, so it would be like the BLR, or the Savage 99, or the Ruger 96/44. I'm not against magazines. If they could be made that it was flush, it would look okay. I'm talking about the question about Glock mags, or pistol mags. But to suggest a Glock mag, is like putting spinner hubcaps on a Model T. I just couldn't see a respectful company that makes nice lever actions, have a plastic Glock mag hanging from it. To me its sacrilegious.

Also some places you cannot hunt small game with anything more than say .275 ( Believe in Ontario ) So having a 9mm would be illegal, and who would use one for bears?
    Now you acknowledge that more than just one person is asking for a mag fed gun. Reread it and understand that it is not for rifle "calibers". That gun already exists; the Henry Long Ranger. I'd like to think that Henry isn't asking us for advice on how to build a rifle that already exists. Nobody really cares about what the other guy's gun looks like. I love traditional levers. Traditional lever action guns and non traditional use formed my handle. Either a company is making new and innovative products or they're not. If they do, it shouldn't matter to Karen, because they are still making beautiful tube fed levers.

Ontario's small game laws are immaterial to what sells. Some will want it as a plinker, some want a survival gun, and some will want it for when something is raising hell with the livestock. I'd use one in 9mm for coyotes, wolves, grouse, and just in case. Wouldn't be my first choice for bear, but I wouldn't be unarmed. A careful shot can take deer at close range.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Okay Grandpa. Safest firearm is the one pointed in a safe directions at all time. Cannot get any safer than that. Semi autos don't have to be shot fast, and can be shot slowly.

Well a lever isn't and cannot be a semi auto. Because it doesn't use the gas of the fired round to cycle the action, to chamber the next round. Word your are thinking of, is repeater.
    Not what was said at all. I'm sure the sanctimonious gun lesson isn't lost... Actually a semi auto in the pistol rounds is more likely not to use gas. Delayed blow back, or straight blow back is more common.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    A levergun is not just a nostalgia item; it's a superfast manual repeater for those of us...and we do exist!...who don't need or necessarily want a semiauto. The ability to quickly load or unload by means of a detachable box magazine just adds to the utility.

A Ruger PC9 is an outstanding 100-yards-and-in pest gun to keep handy with a fully loaded mag ready to pop in when a coyote shows up in the barnyard. But a Henry lever-action detach-box-mag in 9mm would replace it in a heartbeat, for me. More than fast enough for a second or third shot if I need or want it, but not chambered and cocked until I need or want it.

A pump would be just as nice, but as mentioned above, it might complicate the takedown feature and it would be a shame not to have that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Second or subsequent shots. With a lever, I can delay cycling the lever after my first shot, or even drop the lever and mag and be unloaded without ever chambering a second cartridge. I like that. It's also safer for a child or new shooter than letting them use a semiauto.

Mostly a personal preference thing. For most purposes, I just don't care for a semi-auto. Mind you, I still prefer driving a manual transmission too, so...
    Very much the way I feel about it as well.

I really hope they treat this thread like all the "I am in" contests sellers are using, pick a random post and make that gun. I would love to see Henry's idea of a double gun, shotgun or rifle. Maybe a 12 over rimfire.

Quote Originally Posted by FNG762 View Post
    More ideas for Pimp My Gun

http://pimpmygun.doctornoob.com/
    Someone might think it looks strange. But it looks so cool for me.

Supporting Glock and AR mags will only add bonus for me.

Haven't read whole thread yet but I'll add a copy of the Burgess folding pump shotgun as seen here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvmGtLYwKA

What about a carbine in various pistol calibers, in the style of a solid frame 1897. A pump action, slam firing carbine in 9mm, 40, 45 acp/lc, 357/38, and 44 mag/special. The solid frame 1897, especially in a pistol caliber would have a nice short receiver. Combined with a 16 inch barrel would make a nice handy package. Even better would be a trapper model with a 12 inch barrel.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.