Page 49 of 118 FirstFirst ... 293941424344454647484950515253545556575969 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Burgess Folding Shotgun in 12 ga Please!!

The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A nice exposed hammer falling block.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal69 View Post
    Haven't read whole thread yet but I'll add a copy of the Burgess folding pump shotgun as seen here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Burgess Folding Shotgun in 12 ga Please!!

yup as posted in #66 i wholeheartedly agree we need more votes on this one. I would like to see a 20 gauge version too for the small stature shooters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big-boss-man View Post
    Last edited by Big-boss-man; 07-26-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Make a plain model in 303 British

CGN Regular
    A Mares leg with side loading gate
    A Pump action with side loading gate in 357 / 44 Mag with slamfire

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    O'Henry, what have you started.....

I was wondering if that Burgess folding shotgun would appear in this thread.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    I would like to see a chromed out lever action (including inside the barrel, unsure if your current all-weather models feature this) with a pic rail on top, similar to a Marlin 1895 SS, but because you guys make firearms much better than modern Marlin, I would actually buy yours. Iron sights in the form of a ghost ring set up. I've really enjoyed toying with the idea of your all weather guns but I would like to purchase a side loading rifle.

Side loading (for the traditional calibers) or through a detachable mag in modern calibers (maybe even in 6.5 or .308 like your long ranger)
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles Marble Mouth View Post
    A tube magazine needs a rimmed case to regulate the case when it is released from the tube and how it’s retained in the tube. Look at any firearm with a tube magazine included shotguns. All are a rimmed case. Even the .308 was converted to a rimmed case to make it work in tube mags. That converted case is called the .307win. Unless they made a pistol box magazine lever gun, or they introduce their own pistol cartridge that is a rimmed 9mm, I can’t see any other way to make it work. Introducing their own rimmed 9mm I imagine would just make people ask, “why not just buy a .357?” So box magazine would be the only effective way to make it work. I myself would prefer a proprietary magazine that fits flush or close to flush even if all it held was 5rds. If people wanted more rounds they could introduce larger capacity magazines and since it’s proprietary, they could make it have as many rounds as they want and it would still be legal. I like Glocks but sticking a Glock mag in a Lever gun is just an insult to lever guns.
    Well Remington figured out how to run rimless, pointed rounds from a tube magazine 107 years ago, so I think Henry can figure it out today. Not to mention that .35 Remington is still chambered in lever actions. Your assertion that tube magazines only work with rimmed rounds is patently wrong.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - When all else fails, vote from the rooftops "Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est"

long ranger in 338 federal i bet would have some interest. 358 win is awesome too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jonnyboy1014's Avatar
    I sent you guys an email about a picatinny rail for the 3030 side gate
    BEWARE OF FOREIGN INFLUENCE
    A Vote For Trudeau Is A Vote For Communist China
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2353593-CSIS-documents-reveal-Chinese-strategy-to-influence-2021-election