Page 69 of 118 FirstFirst ... 495961626364656667686970717273747576777989 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

CGN frequent flyer Liquid_Snake's Avatar
    I was in the tractor today with my Henry big boy .357 and a coyote came into range I then noticed my ammo was in my pocket. To chop a story short I missed the chance due to NO Damn Side Gate Loading Just a tube that you have to fumble with takes far too long.. I know now why everyone is asking for side gate loading...

CGN frequent flyer
    I think it's time to stop with the suggestions until we hear from the horse's mouth.

CGN Regular
    All weather model x

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post
    i think it's time to stop with the suggestions until we hear from the horse's mouth.
    yup^^^^^

They should make a gun with a tang safety instead of there crappy transfer bar safety
    THE CAKE IS A LIE

If Henry adds that useless tang safety it will be the end of my interest in them. The transfer bar is unobtrusive and requires no attention or manipulation. It satisfies the lawyers without ruining the beautiful simplicity of an external-hammer lever gun.

Levers don't need no stinkin' safety buttons.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

They use mild steal in the transfer bar my golden boy in 44 had its transfer bar deform bad enough to cause light strikes. I'd rather a more reliable system. The new winchesters look perfectly fine with a tang safety plus you can still mount tang sights. Plus with a tang safety you can get a slightly crisper trigger
    THE CAKE IS A LIE

Why didn’t you just drop one in the chamber, it’s actually faster than a side gate.

Henry side-gate lever action with octagonal barrel. I don't dig how the current side-gate model only have regular barrel.

I don't like reloading from the tube I find it impracticable and all the octagonal model have no side-gate.

BANNED
    I think some synthetic furniture like the 16" stainless 1894 to lighten up the rifles a bit would be really nifty.