Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 596971727374757677787980818283848586878999 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by S-357 View Post
    Im in the market for 2 .44 mag shortbarrel levers. 5 round 12" or so barrel mag full buttstock big loop dont have to be fancy but functional. Side load definately.
    Looking at the chiappas...but id rather have henrys
    Honest question from a guy in his sixties....what do you envision using such a gun for? I'm an old-school hunter and target shooter with a bunch of wood and blued steel firearms and, for the life of me, I can't imagine a use case for the mares legs, etc. But it appears there is a huge demand for these guns. What do people use the short-barreled, short stocked guns for?

Im a fan of the Henry single shot rifles, but i would like to have one in a more powerful caliber for long range shots on bigger game like elk and moose. If Henry could chamber their single shots in 300 win mag or 338 win mag that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMalcontent View Post
    Honest question from a guy in his sixties....what do you envision using such a gun for? I'm an old-school hunter and target shooter with a bunch of wood and blued steel firearms and, for the life of me, I can't imagine a use case for the mares legs, etc. But it appears there is a huge demand for these guns. What do people use the short-barreled, short stocked guns for?
    I know of one owner personally who loves theirs. Its their outdoors gun that's not a 12 gauge basically. Easy to store and carry in many outdoors situations.

You can throw it in a pack or with another firearm in a single size bag and pack it easily with other items or carry it on a sling with ease due to lower weight. The nice thing for Canadians is the (stupid) laws here make it non restricted, whereas the other options that exist outside the lever actions out there are the pistol caliber carbines for center-fire with are overwhelmingly semi auto therefore require longer barrels and/or stocks to be NR.

You have the option of replacing/changing stock out with standard or youth lengths so you can have versatile lengths to fit multiple body types. Majority of firearms are built for the avg male.

This can also affect different provinces/territories differently due to hunting regulations etc. Barrel length is more than adequate for the ranges you would probably use this for hunting if you chose to.

20ga over 25-06 break action 24 inch barrel.

they should make more mares leg in 357 so i can actually find one to buy

I second the notion of a x39 lever gun bit why stop there. It should have a little brother in x25.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Crashman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_gun_lover View Post
    Long Ranger rifle in 338 Fed or 358 Win, please!
    This right here! It would be a very easy option to bring into the production and assembly line as they are both 308 bases cartridges, just need proper barrels and spin 'em up! I would buy the 358 in a heart beat!
    Every man dies,
    Not every man really lives.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Crashman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Winchester Mdel 71

This would be sweet, especially if it was reasonably affordable.
    Every man dies,
    Not every man really lives.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    I wish they'd make a clone of the H&R Buffalo Hunter single shot in 45/70. Long barrel, and apeture sights.

Would love to see a 500S&W levergun. Something more affordable than the big horn armory.