Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 7383858687888990919293949596979899100101103113 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

More, AR-7.

50-70 government

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Repeating Arms View Post
    Some of you have already seen that we recently became an Industry Member of this forum, and we're very excited to be here! Just because we're "Made in America, Or Not Made At All," doesn't mean that we don't love our Northern neighbors.

Let's kick this off with an open-ended poll of sorts.

We currently make over 200 different rifles, shotguns, pistols, and an "other". No doubt, there are a lot of different calibers and finishes to choose from, but do we make your ideal firearm?

If you could take over project management for the next big Henry Repeating Arms release, what would you choose to get our talented engineers working on and why?
    I would produce a 50-70 government black powder repeater. It would cross over from a single shot 50 calibre black powder rifle to a repeater and be ideal as a bush gun. Not only would it be good as a prospector round for bear but with the black powder shell made in the 50-70 government round it would open up sales of the new shell to those collectors who own the original version in trap door. My father shot his biggest deer with one in New Brunswick and Ammo is scarce with most of it antique and unreliable. It would also give shooters a 50 calibre round without getting into the massive mechanics of a modern 50 calibre sniper rifle. In short, I think it would be a literal blast to own one and I think it's appeal would be massive without the stigma of a high powered 50 calibre round. Also, it would qualify as a black powder rifle which I believe has a longer hunting season in Canada and possibly the U.S.A.

Kerry Whitters(scurvydog)

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Well, Henry almost makes the one I want, H012RCC in .44 Mag./.44 Special,,, just need to add the side gate!!!
    They have a new version of that rifle out with a side gate
    Rust Never Sleeps

How about a take down 223/556. Comes apart with no tools and fits in a backpack.

A pump action big bore in all the usual offerings would be cool. All weather or colour case hardened.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibe View Post
    They have a new version of that rifle out with a side gate
    Really? You don't happen to have the product number? Would love to get one!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    Model X in 30-30

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Really? You don't happen to have the product number? Would love to get one!
    I think this is what you're looking for:
    https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-...ned-side-gate/
    Rust Never Sleeps

Love to see a big boy in 358win.

Any lever in 358win.