What gun should Henry make next?

A mag fed lever action in all black/ grey laminate stock which uses stanag magazines. .223, 300blk, ect. Build it to minimum Canadian length for portability. Also a version of the same as above in 9mm which takes glock magazines would be slick too

Big Boy All Weather with:
Side gate
Pistol Grip
Laminated stock
9mm, .38 /.357
Picatinny Rail
Ghost Ring sight option
16" stainless barrel
Oh wait, does Marlin already make this...?
Henry, can make it better.

Honestly i would love to see a level that is designed for hard core outdoor/ survival 12.5 inch takedown with side gate and great sights. All rifle should be in durable weather reistant materials. There is only one producer that offers similar and their quality is nothing near henry

I am not quite sure a 9mm lever gun with a tubular magazine is practical, because people will be using a lot of cheap pointed round nose FMJ. That i am not sure it is kosher in a tubular magazine, ie in-magazine primer detonation when cartridges are lined up one behind another.

10mm or 40 S&W are probably better choice, because the 40 cal bullets have flatter noses. It will also hold more ammo than 357/38 spl and pack more punch.

Some of you have already seen that we recently became an Industry Member of this forum, and we're very excited to be here! Just because we're "Made in America, Or Not Made At All," doesn't mean that we don't love our Northern neighbors.

Let's kick this off with an open-ended poll of sorts.

We currently make over 200 different rifles, shotguns, pistols, and an "other". No doubt, there are a lot of different calibers and finishes to choose from, but do we make your ideal firearm?

If you could take over project management for the next big Henry Repeating Arms release, what would you choose to get our talented engineers working on and why? :stirthepot2:

Ross Rifle/actions in .308

#1 A rifle akin to the "Long Ranger" but with the ability to load from the top similar to a Winchester 1895.

#2 A non break barrel single shot rifle at a cheaper price than a Ruger #1.

#3 Factory or aftermarket peep sights for your lever action and single shot rifles.

#4 A break barrel single shot with the lines of your current model, but with a longer barrel in large calibers.

I am not quite sure a 9mm lever gun with a tubular magazine is practical, because people will be using a lot of cheap pointed round nose FMJ. That i am not sure it is kosher in a tubular magazine, ie in-magazine primer detonation when cartridges are lined up one behind another.

10mm or 40 S&W are probably better choice, because the 40 cal bullets have flatter noses. It will also hold more ammo than 357/38 spl and pack more punch.

Balderdash. ;-P “We put a man on the moon 50 years ago...” and other stuff my dad says.

How about this:

DB8-E5811-E530-4827-AD51-4-C52-D06-E38-F9.jpg

All of the above exaggerated for illustration purposes.

The “tube” magazine is less tube and more oblong to control the cartridge’s side to side motion, while allowing a little play up and down.

The magazine would have either have perfectly placed bumps, or crimps pressed into it to force the cartridges to be offset in the same way a rimmed cartridge sits offset in the tube. The offset only needs to be a millimeter or so to get the point off the center of the primer. The plunger would just have cut outs to clear the bumps.

20-C96955-210-E-488-D-8-E0-B-A4-EEE267-FCC4.jpg

And Henry... I know you’re listening... if you use this design you gotta send me one of the rifles out of the first batch! :-D ;-)

I think your right on that one. Even if a tube detonation is highly unlikely but if it did happen that would be a nightmare for Henry.
Even if they did produce one it's likely the american market would eat them up and leave very little for us like usual.
Would be nice to see them step up production of the popular rifles they already manufacture so there is more to go around for everyone and maybe lower the price point a little.
Having maybe an affordable line of levers and single shots would make more sense than trying to re engineer their rifles to shoot a short, rimless auto pistol bullet. Especially coming in a time where money will be a lot tighter for many people.
Just my opinion.

9mm lever gun does not have to be tube mag.

I would appreciate if it could accept Glock mags.

While I can appreciate the convenience, I can’t appreciate the ugly.

Nice wooden lever with half of a naked black glock mag dangling out of it...

Back
Top Bottom