What gun should Henry make next?

50-70 government

Some of you have already seen that we recently became an Industry Member of this forum, and we're very excited to be here! Just because we're "Made in America, Or Not Made At All," doesn't mean that we don't love our Northern neighbors.

Let's kick this off with an open-ended poll of sorts.

We currently make over 200 different rifles, shotguns, pistols, and an "other". No doubt, there are a lot of different calibers and finishes to choose from, but do we make your ideal firearm?

If you could take over project management for the next big Henry Repeating Arms release, what would you choose to get our talented engineers working on and why? :stirthepot2:

I would produce a 50-70 government black powder repeater. It would cross over from a single shot 50 calibre black powder rifle to a repeater and be ideal as a bush gun. Not only would it be good as a prospector round for bear but with the black powder shell made in the 50-70 government round it would open up sales of the new shell to those collectors who own the original version in trap door. My father shot his biggest deer with one in New Brunswick and Ammo is scarce with most of it antique and unreliable. It would also give shooters a 50 calibre round without getting into the massive mechanics of a modern 50 calibre sniper rifle. In short, I think it would be a literal blast to own one and I think it's appeal would be massive without the stigma of a high powered 50 calibre round. Also, it would qualify as a black powder rifle which I believe has a longer hunting season in Canada and possibly the U.S.A.

Kerry Whitters(scurvydog)

A tacticool (x series) in 300 Blackout with detachable magazine (long ranger) with a shortish barrel (still 27 inches overall length). Bonus points if it is a takedown..

I dont know if anybody has suggested it but what about your newer side gate models paired with octagonal barrels in the rifle caliber range .30-30 Win, .38-55 Win, .35 Rem, .45-70 Gov't..... seems you offer it in the big boy model lineup in case hardened but not brass or steel
You offer both awesome product lines but what about combining them together "insert mind blown emoji here" :dancingbanana:

:welcome:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom