Page 46 of 118 FirstFirst ... 263638394041424344454647484950515253545666 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

1860 Iron Frame Henry ++++

1860 technology ...mostly

CGN Regular
    I know the dimensions aren't ideal.
    But.
    Pistol magazine compatible lever action. Any caliber. Every caliber.

Hope it's not on the list

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    would love to see henry quality do a super stripped down survival gun. Single shot in 9mm. Folding stock, folding/takedown chassis, carbine length barrel. Keep it clean, and avoid the avant garde polymer molding that cheapens the look of so many pieces. Something that would be reminiscent of an old school aircrew survival gun. Like in the vein of the old m6, but henry all the way.
    ^^^ this^^^

Light, short, folder or takedown
    9mm
    Decent peep sights that shoot to POA

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Repeating Arms View Post
    Some of you have already seen that we recently became an Industry Member of this forum, and we're very excited to be here! Just because we're "Made in America, Or Not Made At All," doesn't mean that we don't love our Northern neighbors.

Let's kick this off with an open-ended poll of sorts.

We currently make over 200 different rifles, shotguns, pistols, and an "other". No doubt, there are a lot of different calibers and finishes to choose from, but do we make your ideal firearm?

If you could take over project management for the next big Henry Repeating Arms release, what would you choose to get our talented engineers working on and why?
    Hello Henry arms,
    You are doing excellent rifles and would like to make a sugestion for a 2 new models:

HENRY URBAN SURVIVAL-12.5 OCTAGONAL BARREL, FULL STOCK, LARGE LOOP,PEEP SIGHT SIDE ,LOADING GATE+ TOP LOADING TOO!!! 357/38SP

HENRY COUNTRY SURVIVAL-16.0 OCTAGONAL BARREL, FULL STOCK, LARGE LOOP,PEEP SIGHT, SIDE LOADING GATE +TOP LOADING TOO!!! 357/38SP

Also same 2 models could be made in 30-30 winchester but normal threaded barrel This will have a lot a supporters I hope
    All the best
    Last edited by caiser soze 78; 07-26-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tactical lever View Post
    Pretty sure mag fed has been mentioned a few times. Have a number of tube mag guns, but there isn't much out there for mag fed. None if we are only counting current production levers (or pumps) in pistol cartridges.

"Just" for that purpose is a huge market. Almost everyone can appreciate a mag fed gun. Been doing some trail clearing and exploring lately, and I've been on and off my machine 30 times in an afternoon. Nearly everyone who hunts grouse and bear off of lease and logging roads can relate to a manual action gun with mags.
    Most of the people suggesting magazine are for rifle calibers, so it would be like the BLR, or the Savage 99, or the Ruger 96/44. I'm not against magazines. If they could be made that it was flush, it would look okay. I'm talking about the question about Glock mags, or pistol mags. But to suggest a Glock mag, is like putting spinner hubcaps on a Model T. I just couldn't see a respectful company that makes nice lever actions, have a plastic Glock mag hanging from it. To me its sacrilegious.

Also some places you cannot hunt small game with anything more than say .275 ( Believe in Ontario ) So having a 9mm would be illegal, and who would use one for bears?
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

A levergun is not just a nostalgia item; it's a superfast manual repeater for those of us...and we do exist!...who don't need or necessarily want a semiauto. The ability to quickly load or unload by means of a detachable box magazine just adds to the utility.

A Ruger PC9 is an outstanding 100-yards-and-in pest gun to keep handy with a fully loaded mag ready to pop in when a coyote shows up in the barnyard. But a Henry lever-action detach-box-mag in 9mm would replace it in a heartbeat, for me. More than fast enough for a second or third shot if I need or want it, but not chambered and cocked until I need or want it.

A pump would be just as nice, but as mentioned above, it might complicate the takedown feature and it would be a shame not to have that as well.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Pump action 9mm and .45.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

A pump action in larger calibers like the colt lightning, love that style, maybe in 223 as well, pumps are a lefties best friend