Page 44 of 118 FirstFirst ... 243436373839404142434445464748495051525464 ... LastLast

Thread: What gun should Henry make next?

Quote Originally Posted by tactical lever View Post
    I don't think it'll be ugly. For sure a bit different, but that's kind of the point. Why just continue with only variations of what everyone else is doing? Mag fed would be a huge boon for those of us who have to take a quad, bike, tractor or truck out hunting or working and need to be able to load quickly, and then unload when we get back in or on.
    But who is going to buy a Lever that takes mag just for that purpose? Everybody wants semi autos. And why isn't there more bolt action 9mm rifles? Again everybody wants semi auto. Seems like only 1 person wants a mag fed 9mm lever, everybody else wants a classic side loading tube fed.

If they are good at making tube fed, why change it? Also it would be a totally new design and very costly. Let Mossberg make ugly rifles.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN frequent flyer
    Not sure about an AR-7, in 9mm. Not a bad idea, but it would be competing directly with the Ruger carbine, which is handy, accurate, readily accepts a scope, light, and takes down and reassembles in a couple seconds. Henry would have to be able to do it lighter and a better price, and made much better than the rimfire rifle. Tall order. If the rifle didn't have a significant advantage price-wise (several hundred dollars), I'd pick the Ruger as they did a great job on it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a mag fed lever, or pump action take down, or fixed barrel for a less expensive version. Preferably exposed hammer. I'd probably prefer the pump. Should come in all the popular pistol chamberings: 9mm, .40 S&W(maybe 10mm), .45 ACP with common popular mags, .357, .44 mag .45 Colt capable of heavy loads, or maybe .454 Casull (though as of now I'd probably rather have it in the short chamber for accuracy's sake, as my revolver is .45 Colt). Proprietary mags might be in order for the rimmed cartridges. And not priced ridiculous.

Like to see a stainless octagon version in just about everything.

More chamberings, and barrel options for the Long Ranger, as well as bigger magazines. Be nice to see some heavy game versions of the gun, and .35 cal chamberings; .35 Rem, 350 Rem Mag.

Be nice to see some "modern" transfer bar single action revolvers. Personally, I'd love a medium frame 5 shot .45 Colt built *cough-cough.. Ruger!* strong with non-fluted cylinders, octagon barrel, and available with adjustable sights, in either stainless, blued or color case hardened and in popular (Canadian) barrel lengths of 4.2, and 5.5" Maybe 6" and 7.5"

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    But who is going to buy a Lever that takes mag just for that purpose? Everybody wants semi autos. And why isn't there more bolt action 9mm rifles? Again everybody wants semi auto. Seems like only 1 person wants a mag fed 9mm lever, everybody else wants a classic side loading tube fed.

If they are good at making tube fed, why change it? Also it would be a totally new design and very costly. Let Mossberg make ugly rifles.
    Idk, I think there's definitely a market for bolt or semi... Look at all the conversion kit for mauser/Enfield for. 45 selling out super quick. I certainly want a modern Ver of de lisle carbine

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post

Pretty sure mag fed has been mentioned a few times. Have a number of tube mag guns, but there isn't much out there for mag fed. None if we are only counting current production levers (or pumps) in pistol cartridges.

"Just" for that purpose is a huge market. Almost everyone can appreciate a mag fed gun. Been doing some trail clearing and exploring lately, and I've been on and off my machine 30 times in an afternoon. Nearly everyone who hunts grouse and bear off of lease and logging roads can relate to a manual action gun with mags.

I'd like to see someone put a pump-action .357 back into production; the IMI Timberwolf is sought after, and I'd bet you'd get a lot of interest on a new Lightning-style pump.

make something that al least RESEMBLES an original I think YOUR RE-POS ARE VERY UGLY

Quote Originally Posted by SDC View Post
    I'd like to see someone put a pump-action .357 back into production; the IMI Timberwolf is sought after, and I'd bet you'd get a lot of interest on a new Lightning-style pump.
    That would be nice

CGN Regular
    I’d love to see a Mare’s Leg that also comes with a rifle stock as a combo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SDC View Post
    Agreed ..... already mentioned the Timberwolf example earlier .... it’s a pump and a take down. Everyone loves take downs these days and there is a market for a fast manual action with all the things going on these days. Having 357 and 44 mag would make up for the lack of Glock mags lol. I’ve never handled one, but the Timberwolf seems to operate with the same controls as an 870?

a tube fed mares leg with a folding stock in 7.62x25 and mag fed models in 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r.