What gun should Henry make next?

Upgrade the U.S. Survival Rifle.

It appears the trigger and hammer were currently redesigned to reduce the trigger pull. A few other changes that would be nice.

- change the front sight to a fibre optic sight.
- add graduation lines to the rear sight with a reference mark on the receiver to enable the sight to be installed at the original zero when changing the apertures.
- replace the firing pin roll pin with a cotter pin similar to the cotter pin used to retain the firing pin in the AR-15 BCG. This would permit easier cleaning of the firing pin channel and I believe carbon in the firing pin channel was the cause of some of my malfunctions.
- extend the plastic head on the stock take down screw or add a flat tip screwdriver slot so the take down screw can be more easily unscrewed in cold weather with gloves or undone using a screwdriver or knife blade.

A AR-5 bolt action in .22 magnum would also be great.

54r lever action that takes mosin stripper clips, side folding bayonet, maybe mares foot with brass under folding stock. and a mares leg in 7.62x25

When the OP came out over 16 months ago, it was pretty encouraging but with OP radio silence and Shelves empty of Henry rifles what's the point!

the concept of asking for new styles and chamberings was great, but now it would be nice just to see origonal catalogue items avalible, been looking for a long range and rifled 12 ga slugger for many months, the election and covid excuse is getting old, and while waiting, prices from 2020 are long gone only to hear of huge inflation increases for 2022.

When the OP came out over 16 months ago, it was pretty encouraging but with OP radio silence and Shelves empty of Henry rifles what's the point!

the concept of asking for new styles and chamberings was great, but now it would be nice just to see origonal catalogue items avalible, been looking for a long range and rifled 12 ga slugger for many months, the election and covid excuse is getting old, and while waiting, prices from 2020 are long gone only to hear of huge inflation increases for 2022.

I was lucky to find the 12gauge rifled late summer, kicks like a mule................LOL
have several slug guns, by far the hardest hitting one I own..............

20210426-145304.jpg

Every manufacturer is so backlogged on orders that if they don’t develop anything new for a few years they’ll still have all the sales they could ask for. The cost of a new development would need to be in response to either a demand, or else a need to develop greater demand for their products.

If the demand cools down in time, maybe at that time they’ll start new developments.

There’s also the possibility that I have no idea what I’m talking about, but I believe that if I had a market formula that was working fine at making me more sales than I could possibly meet then I wouldn’t bother with new projects until things slow down. I would bet that a lot of the new things coming out are projects that may have begun quite a while ago.

There are a handful of things I would love to see Henry come out with even if it isn’t right now. Maybe they will in 2024/2025.

What Rifle Should Henry Make Next

I would love to see you chamber your Henry Golden Boy in 25-35. I currently own Golden Boys in 30-30 and 38-55 calibers, and both are amazingly accurate. You chamber your rifles in a number of classic calibers, and 25-35 certainly belongs in this group. I think there would be considerable interest in such a rifle. Thank you for considering my suggestion.

Sincerely,
David Begg (aka Gun-Prof)

I was lucky to find the 12gauge rifled late summer, kicks like a mule................LOL
have several slug guns, by far the hardest hitting one I own..............

20210426-145304.jpg

That looks really nice, Is the receiver actual steel or pot metal like some of their other rifles.

I wonder why they are a business member on this site? The have not logged in for almost 7 months.

Wouldn't they be better to not be a member so their disinterest wasn't as apparent.

How about a non restricted take-down bolt action 22lr., similar to the M4 survival rifle?

M4-Survival-Rifle.jpg

Attachments

• M4-Survival-Rifle.jpg
    M4-Survival-Rifle.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom