Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peter Mackay is coming to CRAFM Peter Mackay vient a CRAFM

Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    Since MacKay is going to Quebec to lobby for support.

Can someone in Quebec identify a riding with a snowballs chance in hell of CHANGING to Conservative?
    Well Quebec City does have Conservative MPs so I guess he could gain more there. His French is actually pretty decent, better than Scheer so he could get some votes from other places if he plays his cards right and does good in the French debate, unlike Scheer.
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

CGN Regular
    I knew his sister, have a picture of her with my Desert eagle and 500 magnum
    When all is said and done, A lot more gets said than done!!!

Also..........

In 2011 the CPC won 14 seats in Atlantic Canada.

In 2015 the CPC won 0 seats in Atlantic Canada.

Certainly couldn't hurt to try to get a few of those back.

CGN Regular
    Think about the country you live in, and what an election is. You're voting for the leader of a party, who then has to go on and convince the rest of the country, over 2/3 of which consistently vote for left leaning gun hating parties, that he's the guy to run the country. It doesn't matter which one has the best gun control policy, because if the conservatives don't win the next election, Strict Gun Control does.

Peter Mackay is the best choice in this scenerio by a landslide.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYLNZ View Post
    Think about the country you live in, and what an election is. You're voting for the leader of a party, who then has to go on and convince the rest of the country, over 2/3 of which consistently vote for left leaning gun hating parties, that he's the guy to run the country. It doesn't matter which one has the best gun control policy, because if the conservatives don't win the next election, Strict Gun Control does.

Peter Mackay is the best choice in this scenerio by a landslide.
    There will always be the pouty bunch who aren't happy with the candidate who wins leadership and they go do something stupid like vote purple. My vote goes to who I think will dethrone the Right Honourable Jackass first, best firearm policy second.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by mark222 View Post
    Mackay is the only name NOT on my ballot.
    Same here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Derek Sloan seems to have a good" ideal" platform, but also a good platform to be torn down by media and social media! I tryied douing my due diligence on the candidate but I dont know who out the 3 have a better chance :s Erin would probably have the best firearm policy, Leslin the better chance with the black vote and fence sitting liberal and Peter might get less flack then Erin in the media and more establishment support and backing but probably the worst for firearms! I do believe Peter to have great " promess d'élection" about firearms that will eather never materialize or use as a "give me a second term and I'l get it done"
    CCFR member

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by slarsen47 View Post
    Since MacKay is going to Quebec to lobby for support.

Can someone in Quebec identify a riding with a snowballs chance in hell of CHANGING to Conservative?
    There are many in the Quebec City area.

Quebec changes their voting patterns like normal people change underwear. Their pattern over the past 30 years is all in waves, looking something like:

Liberal (PT)
    Conservative (Mulroney)
    Bloc
    Liberal/PC mix
    NDP
    Liberal/various others mix

If you want to win the federal election you must carry Quebec. It is by miles the single most volatile electorate in Canada. You don't win there, then you have to do very well in Ontario, which is really difficult for any party under any circumstances.

Starting in Quebec is a very smart move by McKay.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    Is there a reason why any of us should be interested in him?

He seemed to be hard on firearms in the past.
    I be cautious around him, seems like he may be going for ratings and may flip on the gun owners.
    CCFR supporter

no.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast