Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Wanstalls SKS-58

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Name:  785ED13A-E3BE-4012-B81B-6C2E3D33F513.jpeg
Views: 778
Size:  68.4 KB
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

CGN Regular

ouch

was almost interested, 350$ surplus rifle plus 49$ surplus mag = more then a fully manufactured black rifle.

How about a video of the mag release in action??

BANNED
    l
    l
    l>
    l
    l3
    l

I think the issue with the price is that they are not posted on the EE you cannot list a price 4 times higher then its worth unless its on the EE the community will not stand for this !

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    I don't doubt that a lot of work went into them, but I'm not sure if it was time well spent for the price needed. It's always nice to see something new come out though. I hope they find good homes and are enjoyed by the new owners.
    Honestly it isn't anything new. Basically just made a SKS D, that uses VZ58 mags.

While I understand the work the smith did. I cannot see it selling, only because it still just a SKS.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Honestly it isn't anything new. Basically just made a SKS D, that uses VZ58 mags.

While I understand the work the smith did. I cannot see it selling, only because it still just a SKS.
    yeah, it's just not a competitive option (like, at all) and doesn't actually offer anything new or different.. Even if you really hated the duckbill mags this ones not coming out on top

Expried Business Member
    I think this flew over a lot of peoples heads.

This isn’t looking to compete with anything.

They are one offs for people who like to collect the weird and wonderful.

We aren’t trying to appeal to budget minded shooters, we aren’t looking to compete with other gems like a M+M.

There are 2, when those sell we may make another 2 or we may leave it as the only 2 SKSs that take VZ mags.

Tempting. Very tempting.

This is going to end up in Forgotten Weapons one day.

CGN frequent flyer
    $1490 + 5-12% tax is $1560 to $1668 for a 6 moa sporterised surplus rifle.

Edit: they made 2, not a production chain, fair enough. The below was written after mistakenly gaining the impression that several would be made.

I can see the logic behind this, there's thousands of VZ.58 rifles in Canada now with the associated magazines that are now prohibited. I can see why you thought it might be a good idea.

I commend you for trying something new but don't feel that this is a good idea (I am happy to proven wrong if you sell out).

I can see how the time that goes into this product pushes up the price but I believe the finances could potentially have been better spent elsewhere.

There are existing Canadian rifles like the WS-MCR, WK180C and ATRS (which I think might still be being sold) all of which sell out as quickly as they are made.

It is my personal belief that with manufacturers such a Spectre Ballistics making straight pulls, RWA and assumedly BCL likewise making nothing but with the ability to do so and Kodiak + Spectre (for wolverine) already maxed out that these other companies need to be brought into the fight. Ie. Making WS-MCRS and WK180Cs which are known working rifles.

Every NR centrefire semi-auto rifle that comes off the shelf is a step in the right direction. Every black rifle and in our hands increases the difficulty of taking them all.

So while companies are commended for making new rifles, I think it would be better if the existing designs were manufactured en-mass with companies sharing their expertise with the long term benefit in mind rather than the short term $. This is in addition to asking for help toward legal cases not an act of isolation.
    Last edited by Bratwurst; 07-22-2020 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Added clarity

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast