Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Follow @northpro or on Facebook for first alert to deals
    Email - sales@northprosports.com
    Ph - 1-888-249-1991 (toll free)
    northprosports.com

The price seems to be rising.

Quote Originally Posted by hermie View Post
    The price seems to be rising.
    Still less than what people selling used with 1000 rounds down the pipe are reselling for. I rather gun retailers make money than Joe-Blow who bought three of these and jacks up the price when they're out, does.

Shouldn't this be called a K180-C?
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Forgive me for being super confused - I thought this was banned in the OIC? Or was it the other variation that was. I just recall this as Kodiak is up there with things like MACDEF and Alberta Rifle that essentially got f*cked by the order because their products are essentially unsellable and they don't have a "vendor to return it to"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilford View Post
    Forgive me for being super confused - I thought this was banned in the OIC? Or was it the other variation that was. I just recall this as Kodiak is up there with things like MACDEF and Alberta Rifle that essentially got f*cked by the order because their products are essentially unsellable and they don't have a "vendor to return it to"
    MDI and ATRS did not get f'd by the OIC. They got f'd by an arbitrary FRT change post OIC. OIC does not effect those rifles.

The Kodiak rifle was not effected by either the OIC or the arbitrary FRT changes. You are good to go with the Kodiak rifle.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilford View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    MDI and ATRS did not get f'd by the OIC. They got f'd by an arbitrary FRT change post OIC. OIC does not effect those rifles.

The Kodiak rifle was not effected by either the OIC or the arbitrary FRT changes. You are good to go with the Kodiak rifle.
    I will add the proviso good...for now.

The government prohibited any AR-15 and AR-10 rifle using the OIC. Then the RCMP began to perform historical revisionism on the FRT of firearms they had previously marked as non-restricted. the MacDef and ATRS firearms had specifically been made not to interface with the AR-15, to keep them non-restricted, which the AR-15 was by name prior to the OIC, and the RCMP firearms lab had originally designated them as non-restricted. Without giving any specific reason, the RCMP changed their mind following the OIC, and designated both firearms as AR-15 variants, which would make them prohibited in their eyes following the OIC prohibition of the AR-15. The legality of this FRT revisionism is questionable, and currently being litigated by the courts.

The MacDef and ATRS receivers sharing an operating system an with the AR-15 might provide part of the RCMP's justification to mark them as variants, but several firearms that have no internal commonality with the AR-15 have also had their FRT entry revised, including some shotguns. The concern is the RCMP seems to have marked these firearms as variants based on appearance alone. Internally, the AR-180 based WK-180B and WS-MCR have no commonality with the AR-15 in their operating system, but with the RCMP marking variants on appearance alone, there is nothing stopping them from revising them as AR-15 variants in the FRT.

Both Kodiak and Wolverine's new partner, Spectre LTD (not to be confused with the manual action Light Practical Carbine manufacturer Spectre Ballistic) continue to put out as many rifles as possible. Part of Mr. Wolverine's hope for the WK, and now with their MCR, was to make an affordable semi-automatic non-restricted firearm that could propagate quickly across the country, with numbers high enough to make prohibition both an expensive proposition and difficult to implement, with no registry of non-restricted firearms. The numbers of both rifles put out won't necessarily have approached that of the venerable and ubiquitous SKS, but every additional firearm sold increases the difficulty of prohibiting them. Hopefully the Liberals and RCMP consider it too much trouble right now, but they have not been shown to be rational when it comes to firearms policy. Only time will tell.

BANNED
    Have the " bugs " been fixed on these at this point ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dradee View Post
    Have the " bugs " been fixed on these at this point ?
    Its a surprise !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    Buy these, but I challenge everyone who buys a gun/ammo/ect to put 5-10% of the purchase price towards the CCFR or another legal battler or the CPC. No sense just buying more guns to get around the OIC when they have fully made it clear they will ban any guns bought to get around the OIC.
    No drop of water blames itself for the flood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast