CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting a firearms import business

Super Moderator
    Firearms business licence is issued by your provincial CFO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 153 View Post
    I am interested in this information as well - but many might be reluctant to share it, as it's their means of making a living & a trade secret.
    Cash, lots of cash and be able to read the market two years ahead....
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Firearms business licence is issued by your provincial CFO.
    This.

Contact the Quebec CFO and ask for the information package and application for a Firearms business license.

You will then need to ensure you can operate a firearms business within your community (certain communities will only allow this in an industrial zone (ie: no home business)), get your storage facility inspected to ensure it's compliant, and be prepared to pay an insane amount once your insurance company is made aware.

This would be the start of a long and expensive journey. Having worked at one of the biggest firearms dealers in Quebec as it was being built and starting out, I can assure you the SQ are very very demanding and strict with their requirements and inspections for an FBL.
    Last edited by Steyr101; 08-14-2020 at 03:58 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Cash and patience. Nothing happens quickly. Oh ya, and more cash for storage while your stuff waits to be cleared. I brought some stuff in by air, it took 3 days to clear. Cost me $3500 in storage fees for 8 crates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12