And now for a real short gun

To be honest I was expecting it to be much shorter with a 12" barrel; but then the rather large ######l aid on the end adds quite a bit...;)

I think a larger bore short action would be a fair bit more efficient use of the short barrel. Just my taste, but I'd go for one in something like .450 Bushmaster, .458 Socom, or similar. Cool carbine however.

Did you buy it new? Reallyyy wanting one but worried about QC and fit/finish as their "new" stuff has had issues for years now

I'm a Marlin guy myself, and it sounds like it should be better, but I still hear about guns that just aren't as nice as the old JM guns. Never heard anything amazing about Remington's service either... On the other hand, I believe that Henry are probably the nicest out of the box levers at any price and Anthony Imperato stands behind his guns.

Just curious, with such a short barrel why go for a magnum calibre. Surely you cannot be gaining much over a 308 if the barrel is too short to burn all the powder?

Just curious, with such a short barrel why go for a magnum calibre. Surely you cannot be gaining much over a 308 if the barrel is too short to burn all the powder?

Heavier bullet options would be one benefit, even more so if you load your own. Or maybe those were just the parts that were laying around when he built it.

I'm a Marlin guy myself, and it sounds like it should be better, but I still hear about guns that just aren't as nice as the old JM guns. Never heard anything amazing about Remington's service either... On the other hand, I believe that Henry are probably the nicest out of the box levers at any price and Anthony Imperato stands behind his guns.

I like Henrys and the company/owner are great!!!...BUT...the Marlin 1895 .45-70 just blows away their .45-70 options for me personally

Henry warranty is nothing special here in Canada, your tune will change when you have to deal with Grech.

Henry warranty is nothing special here in Canada, your tune will change when you have to deal with Grech.

I would have to disagree. Our Henry 410 had some small marks on the stock & fore-piece, I contacted Henry direct in USA, they shipped us a new stock and fore-piece to our door, no charge and no hassles.

Anthony Imperato was very apologetic and their customer service and warranty is hard to beat in my opinion. John from Grech Outdoors even sent me an e-mail to make sure all was good with the Henry 410.

I find you catch more bees with honey than you do with poop. You never get a second chance to make a first impression!.....:)

Back
Top Bottom