And now for a real short gun

alberta tactical rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   1
I decided that with the new climate regarding guns in whats left of our once proud but rapidly declining country, that cruising around with any semi auto rifle could result in unwanted legal consequences.
My lifestyle kinda dictates a gun in the truck as being a necessity. Seems every time I go out to the ranch I find a bear either in my burning barrel or just hanging around. This year I have put down 5 animals that have been struck by vehicles.
SO I came up with what I call "Little Thumper"
Specs are ATRS Maverick action, right bolt left port repeater.
Lilja 308 cal 10 twist M40 contour barrel. 12" long chambered in 300 Win Mag. Ya I know the gun would be lighter with a skinny barrel, but I like fat barrels.:)
Our gill style brake, Triggertech trigger and McMillan Sako hunter stock in carbon fiber and HS Precision Gen 2 DBM.
With the 2.5x10 NXS on it the entire rig weighs 9.2 lbs

20200730_092630-2.md.jpg

Recoil is virtually non existent, and surprisingly the fire ball on discharge is disappointingly small.

Be interested to see what others have adopted for a truck gun.

So what would be the overall length of the rifle
What's the muzzle blast/percussion like compared to a short brl single shot like a tc encore(375hh and 18" brl)

my truck gun is a stag-10 ..... OIC be damned.

I really like Little Thumper though , she's a perfect truck gun if ya ask me.

Nice what did that cost all together?
I have a mossburg MVP scout. 308 with a vortex scout scope

Hard to say as I had the used action, used stock and used barrel kicking around in my spare parts room.
To replicate it with all NIB stuff just over 5K not including optic, but something similar could be spun up for less using a 700 action, IBI barrel, factory 700 trigger, etc.

Back
Top Bottom