Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A sign of things to come...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Except this time it sold for a crazy price.

To be clear, there might be some increases in the short/mid term, but nothing that warrants the kind of prices that guy paid for 1000 rounds. If prices ever make it to 1$/round for 9mm, I'll sell most of my stash and buy a second house.

If 9mm made it to 1$, can you imagine the prices of larger calibers? 45acp/357mag for 2$/round? Plinking quality 308 for 2.50$/round? Hunting rifle ammos from 243 to 300WM and shotgun shells for 5$ a pop? A lot of people would sell their stash at that price and retire early.

If you wanted to make quick money a few months ago, you should have bough AMZN stocks, not ammos.
    I think the cost spike is about the availability of the caliber and not the materials

9mm and 12ga being the most common for defense will see the supply issues and therefore cost increases.

My assumption is that most other calibers will stay pretty flat (not including exchange rates)

crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by merlin1 View Post
    Canadians just dont fight back the leftist dirtbags here,they are too polite for that lol
    So far all I've seen is antifa and other scumbags ruling the US streets. I haven't seen any patriots "fighting back".
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry514 View Post
    bullets are the new toilet paper lol
    Who needs Paper when you have a Bidet ?

Specifically a Japanese or Korean version.

How do Roof Top Koreans keep cool under pressure : clean bums, ultra clean bums.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by New Camper View Post
    "Enter Address: 1234 Craptastic street Minneapolis, Minnesota"
    "Select method of shipping: APV and armed delivery men."

Some special circumstance in this auction, but fundamentally IRG is/will be right: a consequence of morons deciding monetary policy. Rapid inflation is the inevitable result of the money printing presses going full tilt. Not even twenty years ago, 9mm ammo could be had for ~5.00 a box, now it's over 15.00... 3x increase in several years during the more conservative Harper years into Turd Reich. It's not unreasonable considering the current trend to expect $35.00 for that box next year.(700/thousand) And for those who think this is a result of manufacturer greed... you're thoroughly stoned on blue pills.

Availability will be influenced by supply and demand, and obviously also influences prices but those prices are always measured in baseless dollars.
    Lmfao! "Turd Reich" that's good. I'm stealing it.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

CGN Regular
    Yup and this is why I just bought 16lbs of powder and thousands of projectiles. I go through 6000+ rounds of 9mm every summer. For me it has nothing to do with paranoia, just don’t want to put my life on pause. Better stock up people if you want to do any shooting through the end of summer/fall.

Bidding wars. Sometimes people just don't want to lose.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by merlin1 View Post
    Canadians just dont fight back the leftist dirtbags here,they are too polite for that lol
    Every time we try. All we get is.
    "It'll never work","It will never happen", "No one will support you, I mean I would, but only if others do first"
    Everyone, including conservatives are unwilling to do anything different. They always say it has to be a process that main stream morons are settled on for the past century.
    Which usually means Ottawa controls the process.

Alberta separation is only 1 example. The separation party is highly organized and look to be taking 2nd place in the next provincial election.
    With no campaigning I might add.
    Yet people on both sides are jumping up and down spewing BS. Hoping to kill the fight against Ottawa. While at the same time, are pissed off at Ottawa for F'ing them over every single year.

Typical conservative.
    "Man these Liberals really suck, I hate how they want to take away my guns, and increase my taxes to the point I can't live"
    Well then lets do something to take the power of gun control and taxation away from them......"Oh I don't know about that, I think we should just vote in a different group who have to please the same people who want to take away our guns and eat our money". "Maybe, just maybe they will suddenly fight for us for the first time in 20yrs"
    You know if your province left Canada. It could make it's own rules right?
    "Make our own rules? That just crazy talk"

Every province should leave Canada. There is a reason areas like europe have so many country's. When they try to form together. Some people always work hard while others just leach from the rest.
    Like what happens in Canada.
    Last edited by Crazy Cory; 08-04-2020 at 05:04 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    I think the cost spike is about the availability of the caliber and not the materials

9mm and 12ga being the most common for defense will see the supply issues and therefore cost increases.

My assumption is that most other calibers will stay pretty flat (not including exchange rates)
    That makes no sense. If 9mm cost 1$ and 45acp cost 30¢, everyone who owns both will stop shooting 9mm and shoot 45acp exclusively. Those who own only a 9mm will buy a 45, and pay for it by saving 70¢ per round. Just about everyone who's on a budget shoots less. Demand for 9mm drops and demand for 45acp increases relatively. The equipment used to make one caliber can be used to make the other (mostly), but the 45 requires a lot more material. There is no way that 45 would stay 30¢ if the market price of 9mm was 1$.

The amount of ammos shot in self-defense in all of NA is a few hundred per year, at most. The amount of ammos shot at paper target on a range is a few gazillion per day.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks like there is a nice little arbitrage to be had over buying ammo in Canada and smuggling it into the US. Lol. What a bad idea.

But then I saw more than a few Americans coming to do exactly that in the last shortage...
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.