Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A sign of things to come...

The big problem for me is the 30-06 Springfield ammo for the M1 Garand.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    It is not even close to the same thing. There was no virus effecting production and work place efficiency. That compounded with the upcoming Presidential election, and the recent looting and violence in the U.S has depleted everything.
    Not only all of that but for example, Remington declared another bankrupcy. The problem with that is, it also affects Marlin and Barnes since these are part of the Remington Group and there are probably more than we are not aware of. So now, not only Remington production is affected but also Marlin and bullet production by Barnes. While Marlin and Barnes didn't all of a sudden evaporate, they probably keep producing but it certainly does not help the whole shortage situation. Even liberal like minded people are now buying guns in the US.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by IMR4320 View Post
    Not only all of that but for example, Remington declared another bankrupcy. The problem with that is, it also affects Marlin and Barnes since these are part of the Remington Group and there are probably more than we are not aware of. So now, not only Remington production is affected but also Marlin and bullet production by Barnes. While Marlin and Barnes didn't all of a sudden evaporate, they probably keep producing but it certainly does not help the whole shortage situation. Even liberal like minded people are now buying guns in the US.
    Rem bankruptcy is chapter 11. Everything is still being produced. Especially stuff that's accretive to earnings.

Time for toilet paper hoarding...

is this typical of what ammo is going for stateside now or a one off?

Mericans spending their CARES Act stimulus and unemployment money...

Yep, and a few loaded 9mm mags, preferably 13rd ones., and a big stick for backup is my theory

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scamaniac View Post
    Who in their right mind needs a thousand rounds of 9mm so badly that they would pay $1usd per round? If I wasn't stockpiled, I'd do without.
    Yeah but with the Democrats starting the next civil war, if you don't get it now you wont have it when the shooting starts. All the militias are waiting for Trumps go signal.

I've tried them, very comfortable and stops the government from reading my mind. If you put one over your Kevlar helmet you are good to go! Remember to buy name brand tinfoil and to double up. They ain't condoms!

Time to start reloading ...at those price it make no sense not to. We have Canadian bullet maker - Campro and a choice of lead bullet maker. Better off, cast your own. It is a lot cheaper to load up in primer and powder. I have 18 000 primers and enough powder to bring me in my 70’s. You recuperate the cost of equipment very fast when you have to pay such price for ammo.