Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A sign of things to come...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    I need to get in to reloading.
    Yes, yes you do.

It saves money and can be very cathartic.

Also, there is a great sense of satisfaction when you shoot your first good re-loads.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wallenstein's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    Imo, buy a year's supply of anything you use that you can't make yourself, especially if it comes from abroad/China.
    In addition, have the necessary supplies for at least 3 months of not going to the Grocery / Pharmacy.

The recent lockdown in Melbourne is telling.

The Authorities cheerfully announced one morning : "where you slept last night, you will sleep for the next 6 weeks".

Better be ready for that sort of thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugerman1937 View Post
    Yup and this is why I just bought 16lbs of powder and thousands of projectiles. I go through 6000+ rounds of 9mm every summer. For me it has nothing to do with paranoia, just don’t want to put my life on pause. Better stock up people if you want to do any shooting through the end of summer/fall.
    Isn't that only 19,000ish rounds? You need to think long term bud. You should be thinking 60lbs+. Store some at a friend's if you're over the limit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckon308 View Post
    Isn't that only 19,000ish rounds? You need to think long term bud. You should be thinking 60lbs+. Store some at a friend's if you're over the limit.
    Depends on the powder, but with tightgroup you can make about 1800 rounds of 9mm per pound. His 16lbs is more like 29k rounds. So almost 3-4k$ in projectile and primers he needs to store somewhere.

So he's good for about 5 years. How many of you answered "stuck at home due to covid" when you were asked in 2015 where you expect to be in 5 years? Me neither.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Anyone who is surprised by this is an idiot. The ammunition factories could barely keep up with demand when times were good, shut everything down worldwide for a few months and what do you think will happen? Add in civil unrest in many parts of the world and the problem is only worse. We won't see the end of this for some time.
    I like guns....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckon308 View Post
    I can get just over 12,500 out of 8lbs for 9mm and my other 8lbs is rifle powder. 8lbs of pistol powder lasts me the summer so I’m good. I don’t like storing more than that in my house as I have no use for it and my house insurance company already told me no more than 2-8lb containers.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Well I remember a similar post like this a couple months ago and saw absolutely no difference in anything. Oh look, just got an email from my LGS with “ammo sale” as the title. Seems like business as usual for the time being!

All I can say is if anyone wants to buy 9mm for $855.00 US per thousand, let me know. I think I can help you. Well, I probably can't help you, but as long as you have a PAL, I can find some ammo for you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    All I can say is if anyone wants to buy 9mm for $855.00 US per thousand, let me know. I think I can help you. Well, I probably can't help you, but as long as you have a PAL, I can find some ammo for you.
    That’s such a rip off. I’ll sell my 1000 round cases for $825.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Wallenstein View Post
    Yes, yes you do.

It saves money and can be very cathartic.

Also, there is a great sense of satisfaction when you shoot your first good re-loads.
    I believe it! It's a bit overwhelming and daunting to get in to though.
    CCFR, CSSA member!