Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: A sign of things to come...

It is coming no doubt. Take a look at the daily YouTube videos of Americans inside gun shops with bare shelves. It's only a matter of time before it hits Canada. Already seeing some effects where I live (Maritimes). As mentioned above anyone who didn't see this coming after the triple whammy the USA is experiencing is an idiot

Fortunately we have a steady supply of ammo from non US manufacturers such as PMC,Privi Partizan, Sellier and Bellot, Barnaul, Geco, Challenger ect.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

Quote Originally Posted by SustainingGopher View Post
    It is coming no doubt. Take a look at the daily YouTube videos of Americans inside gun shops with bare shelves. It's only a matter of time before it hits Canada. Already seeing some effects where I live (Maritimes). As mentioned above anyone who didn't see this coming after the triple whammy the USA is experiencing is an idiot
    Went to a Canadian Tire in Calgary a couple of days back and the shelves were 20% empty. Nothing dramatic but never seen that before
    Truth is called hate by those who you hate the truth.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sveinn84 View Post
    I need to get in to reloading.
    I recommend it highly! Keep in mind that you will not save money though because all you end up doing is making more rounds and shooting more lol. I have an annual ammunition budget and since I started reloading it actually costs me more. The big factor is also the time you invest in prepping and loading. When I do anything I always pay myself a virtual wage to factor in costs. My time to me is very valuable since I’m a business owner and can at any given time go to work at my shop door rate. Do I reload to save money? Absolutely not, I do this to control my loads as I need different specs for different firearms. My Luger doesn’t like the same load as my Sig as their 2 completely different actions. With all that in mind I still recommend reloading, just don’t go in to it with a mind set of saving money. I don’t know any hobby/sport that I can save money on haha. Equipment is relatively inexpensive and so are the powders/projectiles. The biggest factor is your time and how much your worth per hour if your looking at this concept as “saving money”. I know what I’m worth and if I broke it down a case of 1000 9mm would cost me more than these current eBay prices lol.
    Do it for quality control and do it for custom loads and don’t worry about the final price. Luckily for me I put the chains on the GF and put her to work while I’m working for the business haha. Take your tumbler to work with you and clean brass while you work, lots of ways to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Good luck with your reloading and remember to keep it all about the hobby/sport and not the end dollar value.
    Lots of great info on here for reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    Fortunately we have a steady supply of ammo from non US manufacturers such as PMC,Privi Partizan, Sellier and Bellot, Barnaul, Geco, Challenger ect.

I wonder how many of those brands the Americans also have access to?
    "The Just Society will be one in which the rights of minorities will be safe from the whims of intolerant majorities."
    – Pierre Elliot Trudeau

Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    I wonder how many of those brands the Americans also have access to?
    They have access to all of them.... Why wouldn't these manufacturers prefer to send product to the US where it's worth 2x the price right now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well if you think 855$/1000 rounds of 9mm is a deal, I'd like to offer you an even better one at 854$/1000. Any taker? Must have valid PAL.

1000 rounds 9 mm reloaded cost me $160. Bonus ..they are tailored to my gun for best accuracy..
    1.5 hours of enjoyable time on my Dillon 650.. it’s easy to see you recoup your reloading equipment quite fast at those crazy price.

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier506 View Post
    Yikes.
    New gun owners are shopping like crazy stocking up on anything they can get from what I understand. Panic buying
    Oh ya! Blowing their 401k on their own armament 👌

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789