Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: British Army Osprey Kits.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    Similar to how a plate carrier is still a plate carrier without the armour. That is a full kit for the Osprey system. Cummerbund and all. If you want plates, find a retailer that has them and pick your level of protection. Safe to assume as a piece of UK kit, if we use our brains and google UK military sizing guides, we can figure out how close they are to NA. It's amazing what a little bit of thinking will accomplish.
    No, as a former British Army Infantryman I am telling you that no it's not "the full kit". Kit: "a set of articles or equipment needed for a specific purpose." you wouldn't call it a first aid kit if it was just the bag.

The armour comes in multiple Mks, each one had different sized plates and plate locations in addition the fitting was a little different.

So no I can't just "find a retailer" you chopper. It's amazing how you think that the occassional guff that comes out of your mind some how elevates a jack like you into thinking you know what you're talking about.

It's almost like the retailer with a modicum of effort could have placed these basic bits of information in their advert like which Mk it is and which sizing guide correlates to that Mk, and the plate sizes appropriate to that Mk so that when someone "finds a retailer" they purchase the appropriate items.

Gosh that would be complex wouldn't it....

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    More are arrivng in the next 10 days. Lots in XL this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    No, as a former British Army Infantryman I am telling you that no it's not "the full kit". Kit: "a set of articles or equipment needed for a specific purpose." you wouldn't call it a first aid kit if it was just the bag.

The armour comes in multiple Mks, each one had different sized plates and plate locations in addition the fitting was a little different.

So no I can't just "find a retailer" you chopper. It's amazing how you think that the occassional guff that comes out of your mind some how elevates a jack like you into thinking you know what you're talking about.

It's almost like the retailer with a modicum of effort could have placed these basic bits of information in their advert like which Mk it is and which sizing guide correlates to that Mk, and the plate sizes appropriate to that Mk so that when someone "finds a retailer" they purchase the appropriate items.

Gosh that would be complex wouldn't it....

You maybe able to find BALCS soft armour that will fit.
    These two types of armour are incredibly similar so it should fit the system.
    If that’s not the case and you don’t care for cutting about in mis-matched kit then Line Of Fire in Edmonton do make custom armour to fit any type of carrier.

As to hard plates. The internal pockets should fit the correct size of armour for your chest as a multi curve plate.... line of fire once again.

That said, in North America, run something BALCS compatible if you need the protection.
    If not then one of the fancy lightweight rigs I guess.

Not that terry is dropping in and ####ing about so not much need for BA in the first place.
    Utrinque Paratus.

We will have these very soon available with brand new level 4 plates. Stay tunned.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Mine didn't come with the neck protector!?!?
    So the new ones coming g in will also come with the shoulder armour?
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I used MK IV with steel armor plates in Ukraine in 2015. All add-ons like neck protectors, shoulder pads, even side protectors make you super heavy and slow. They are Okay for patrol operations only. Everybody removed them for the missions.
    Soft armor for those add-ons can be found online in GB surplus stores.
    Here is something for you, guys.
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/re...-pdf-170985-kb
    Sizes Chest / Height
    Small 88cm/180cm
    Medium 100cm/170cm
    Large 1 104cm/180cm
    Large 2 108cm/190cm
    XLarge1 116cm/180cm
    XLarge2 120cm/190cm
    XLarge3 116cm/200cm
    "They won’t understand why we do it. They won’t understand that it’s about the men next to you, and that’s it. That’s all it is." - Norm "Hoot" Hooten

So the new ones coming g in will also come with the shoulder armour?
    The new batch will be paired up with Level 4 plates with anti spall coating. There will not be an other protection on them. The plates we are sourcing in Canada as the UK government will not export them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmazay View Post
    I used MK IV with steel armor plates in Ukraine in 2015. All add-ons like neck protectors, shoulder pads, even side protectors make you super heavy and slow. They are Okay for patrol operations only. Everybody removed them for the missions.
    Soft armor for those add-ons can be found online in GB surplus stores.
    Here is something for you, guys.
    https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/re...-pdf-170985-kb
    Sizes Chest / Height
    Small 88cm/180cm
    Medium 100cm/170cm
    Large 1 104cm/180cm
    Large 2 108cm/190cm
    XLarge1 116cm/180cm
    XLarge2 120cm/190cm
    XLarge3 116cm/200cm
    AWESOME, some things left me scratching my head. That manual is perfect for the osprey end user
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

We will also be offering the plates for sale on their own. They will be starting around $240.00 each.

Incoming, British Osprey Vests Combined With Canadian Made Level 4 AR-500 Plates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12