Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyds Stocks

problem with going in on shipping is we all live across the country from each other, any savings would just be used to ship to each person after. The other problem is that if you go over $500 it is more red tape, this limits us to groups of 2-3 to save on shipping.

If anyone in Winnipeg wants to go in on shipping, let me know, I've been eyeing a stock for a marlin 1894 and it'd come to 215ish

Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    problem with going in on shipping is we all live across the country from each other, any savings would just be used to ship to each person after. The other problem is that if you go over $500 it is more red tape, this limits us to groups of 2-3 to save on shipping.

If anyone in Winnipeg wants to go in on shipping, let me know, I've been eyeing a stock for a marlin 1894 and it'd come to 215ish
    I don’t think the importer would have the $500.00 problem... I would be into a group buy. Or maybe someone could setup a way to buy a USA stock .... or from where ever land, from a Canadian supplier..... that would supply stocks and sell to the Canadian market.
    Or maybe we just need a lower end ( cost wise) stock maker in Canada.
    I like wood a lot , but its got to be one of the hardest things to find in Canada to find ( at a good.... not high end price) ... most of the time you have to head , somewhere else in the world... just to get a new stock at a decent price.

another option out of country is Minelli in Italy. they make very nice stocks, but cost more than boyds. importing from europe may be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    lots of hidden costs by ordering wood products and bringing them over the border. you'll find its rarely worth it for stocks. i'd recommend an importer

Had no problem ordering mine and no extra costs and it was shipped right to my door.

I have had no problem as well. They are great, I ordered the at-one stock for a rifle. There were no hidden costs or anything.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    We don't typically import boyds as they will ship direct to customers in Canada.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

I have ordered several (plus some more) from them and it is very straight forward. The cost of whatever stock and accesories you want plus $65 ish dollars shipping (USD) better if you can order 2-3 stocks to minimize shipping. Our dollar sucks right now, so add 35-40 percent and that's your cost Canadian. (credit card gouges included). At your door or at pickup you will then pay your provincial tax, mount your barreled action and enjoy!

BANNED
    Last edited by Jay; 10-26-2022 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwpowell View Post
    The reason for a group order is people could choose their options and then PR or whoever could order.

The stock I want is $150 USD and the shipping is $64 USD +plus whatever CBSA nicks me on.
    Their stocks are definitely worth the price. I've ordered quite a few - the last 2 I ordered I selected the UPS shipping option instead of USPS. It's $5 dollars cheaper from what I recall but had the stock in a week! You do also pay a small broker fee in addition to customs fees. Still worth it in my opinion if you want a custom ordered stock that's built well and will drop right in. I typically have them glass bedded for larger centerfire calibers.

I have ordered 3 stocks in the last 5 years and have never had to pay any duty using USPS. I recommend the rapid fire section, if there is a blemish they are upfront about it. Most often these are cancelled orders or pre-made. Of the 3 stocks, only 1 required minor fitting. I've ordered for a Mossberg Patriot, Savage Axis and Tikka.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast